Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought myself & the wife a little Case tractor, and looking for some info on it. Figured you guys could help us. The tractor is 'new' to us. On the side, it says Case 430 (btw, it is gas, not diesel). But on the silver plate on the dash, it is stamped, "model 440L". And the serial # is 6168620. It has a 3 pt hitch on it, but we think that someone put that on later...it (the hitch) was originally painted blue, but now is painted orange. Does anyone know if this tractor model ever did originally have 3 pt. hydraulics on it? Any information that you guys could give us regarding this little tractor would be greatly appreciated. Will try posting a photo of it soon.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Welcome to the ATF. We look forward to drooling at pictures of your treasures.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Welcome to ATF farmerjohnc. We like pics!

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
Welcome to ATF.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks like yours is an early model, 2nd year of production. Being a standard model, it may not have had a rear lift depending on what it was going to be used for. Some were for industrial use, with things like side mount mowers for roadside mowing, didn't need 3pt....James

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, Jim. As I mentioned in my bio, those pesky 'home improvement projects' take more time than you think, so didn't get a chance to take a pic of the Case and post it. But it is on my 'to-do' list, soon as I can.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Welcome to ATF farmerjohnc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts