Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Steve, (4 Imnotright) and myself were at a southern Illinois farm auction together, but we didn't know each other yet, and I hooked up with this little honey real cheap... Been looking for one of these.

This one works fine, except the skinny little hydraulic cylinder is roasted...I need to find a cheapo, smallest I can find will be more than adequate.

If anyone is too young to have used one, this is basically it...balance the tire on the pedestal, hook the double hooks on either side of the tire and then pump the jack handle. As it raises the bottom of the tire, it flattens it out and at the same time the hooks spread open so you can get in to work inside the tire.

Works on any tire you can get onto the pedestal. Even rears up to 13.6 or so, of course the base needs to be anchored down for it to be used on any tire.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Something new to me ,never saw one of those ,but then I don't change tires..
Always something educational on ATF to learn. Thanks Wendell for sharing.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
I've patched and booted my share of tires when I was able. One of those would have come in handy. ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bettyp said:
Something new to me ,never saw one of those ,but then I don't change tires..
Always something educational on ATF to learn. Thanks Wendell for sharing.
You are quite welcome, MissBetty...these thing always reminded me of the dentist prying your mouth open to get at a tooth !!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Had 1 when I had my service station . they are handy makes checking out a tire a lot easier ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts