Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

well we have this old 1355, it was bought new in 1970,

today the old girl rolled over the 10500 hour mark on original enjine, while puling a 10' heavy duty bushhog, up a steep grade in heavy blackberry thicket
(8 ft high thick stuff) (5210 john deere want do it in this location)

as i have gotten older and wider the tractor is not as easy to mount as it was back in 1970, but it is a comfortable tractor after i get in the seat.

this little utility tractor has turned out to be a great investment and i keep wondering when or if, it will ever go down, 42 years, 10500 hours, one clutch change, and one set of thrust washers for the front end, the ocassional battery replacement, jumps out of 4 th gear ( that was the plowing gear used for decades, but it pulls 3x14s in 1st high side easily)

the tractor is very easy on fuel

i bet you would have to look hard to find another tracor that has done as much work for as little money

·
Registered
41 Posts
well give it a few more years and our white iseki 2-65 would be a close second we use it everyday, since it is our loader tractor, and about 6 times a year it seems to be used as a backhoe or as a logger. after a few bad clutchs and now some transmission troubles it is still going strong and still has a few more years to put under its belt.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Thats impressive, sounds like thats been and still is one heck of a tractor. If a man could get one like that every time he would be ahead of the game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts