Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So very glad to see ATF up and running! Garden and planting time is here in the south. What are yall doing on the farm to get ready?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Little early here to plant but should be putting onions in by Mid march. Then taters by Good Friday!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bert, we planted a kitchen garden about 7 to 10 days ago. Onions, beets, carrots, 2 types of lettuce, spinach, and carrots. The spot it is in may be a little too wet if we have normal rainfall. Onions are beginning to sprout. I have tomato seedlings, probably 7-8 varieties, up about 2 inches tall on my side porch and will transplant them in about another week. Been eating spinach, kale, and mustard greens all winter.

·
Administrator
4,121 Posts
March will be here in a few days. Time to get some fertilizer on the hay fields, and oversow some spots that have gotten weak.
Gonna have to wait for a dry spell to get the early garden out. Way too wet here to do any ground tilling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Started planting in the hoophouse on Saturday. 4 rows of carrots and 2 beets. spinach and lettuce next week. Potato's as well. It gives us a jump for the Farmers market.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Just waiting on a dry spell to dry and get the land worked up here... just as it seems like it is a day or so away the rain always seems to find us... it's hard to complain about rain though. Great to hear so many people out there already getting started though! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have rain forecast for Wednesday and Saturday. I'd sure love to put sone taters, cabbage, and broccoli, and more of the items mentioned above in the ground soon.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I have a couple thousand plants growing in the greenhouse, getting ready to set up the float bed and start some tomatoes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Snow here this morning, couple of inches. I have tomatoes planted in the big tree pots, still in the greenhouse. Strawberries are ripening every day. Peas, potatoes, cabbage and kitchen gardens going good. Been a mild winter so far....James

·
Registered
395 Posts
leeks spanish onions and lisianthus started in green house a month ago cut off onion and leeks a week ago all is growing well will start tomatoes peppers and many types of herbs and cut flowers in 3 weeks then the days will go by fast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts