Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first two photos were taken 4 weeks ago when we had substantial rain here in Queensland and are looking from my house yard. We had approx 300mm (12") of rain spread evenly over 3 days. The last 2 were taken out in my paddocks.

Looking out across my paddocks from the house yard

Downstream across ny neighbours 50 acre property

The effects after the rain. Some water diversion levy banks required here to direct the water flow away from this gully erosion. Note my co-driver in my ute.

Our cattle enjoying a drink of fresh water

·
Administrator
4,376 Posts
That's quite q bit of rain. You've got a nice place, and a great view from your house. :cool:
My place looks a lot like your neighbors after a good 3" of rain in a day. Luckily it drains down as quickly as it rose, once the rain stops.
I like your co-driver. :) does he/she enjoy helping with the cattle ?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Love seeing those great picture . Yes you did get lots of water
I love seeing the way the land lay and the cattle. Feel likea minie
Vacation . Thanks John.

·
Super Moderator
1,640 Posts
Been hearing that Brisbane is in for flash flooding due to the heavy rain in Queensland..

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
John, yall have some more pretty country :!: Just hate the elements have been so unfriendly to you. I have a couple of sidekicks like yours that would drive if they could turn the keys :!: :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your comments. I'm not at home at present but the cook says that we have had approx 100mm rain so far today and still raining. The paddoks are all awash again.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the pics, nice herd you've got there grazing...paddling, have seen some more wet weather warnings for your neck of the woods..
stay safe hope it dries up soon !

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope it dries out before you get here Shelley. Had another so far today 20mm since 8am this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts