Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many has heard or tried this? I have saw it done and it is always right:
Take a paper clip and tie it on the end of a piece of feed bag string and hold it about 4 inches over the birds tail end and if it goes in a circle it is a female, if it goes back and forth it is a male. Correction, I meant to say, hold the string 4 inches from the clip over the bird, you should touch the bird with the paper clip at the end of the string and lift it about a half an inch real steady and after perhaps 20 to 30 seconds you will see it move in a circle for female and back and forth for male. Try it on a woman or a man around the wrist; you'll see it works on everything, dogs and all, even a freshly laid egg.

·
Super Moderator
8,535 Posts
Gotta say that this is a new one on me :!: :!: :!: :eek:
In today's crazy world, it's good to know there is a certain way to determine the sex of human or animal. First impressions are definately not absolute anymore. :roll:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I've heard of it. Never tried it though. Work for a egg farmer in high school and he told me about it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
An old wives trick for determining the sex of an unborn baby.... wedding ring on ribbon held over the "bump".... it worked for me every time i tried it.... scary...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Mrs Harris said:
An old wives trick for determining the sex of an unborn baby.... wedding ring on ribbon held over the "bump".... it worked for me every time i tried it.... scary...
Well now you did have a 50-50 chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Poultry is something that I've always wanted to take a try at but have never been in the proper setup to do so - one day when I live on the farm or at least a little closer I will give it a go. Things like this make it all the more interesting to me. Thanks for sharing Caseman.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts