Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My early peaches are getting ripe, and the trees are loaded this year. My brother and I picked three bushels off it Wednesday,
and there is another two bushels that will be ripe in the next week or so. He only took half a bushel for himself and I gave my only neighbor,
(the rest are, as he puts it "just people living around us") half a bushel last night. So I'm knee deep in putting up peaches before they go bad.
The trees are so loaded this year they only got plumb size , some a little bigger, but boy are they sweet. :D
I got them all washed, and sorted yesterday, and used the ones getting overripe to make a cobbler last night. MMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!! that's some good eatin'. ;)
Who else is enjoying fresh peaches off their trees??

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I'll be picking my Red Haven peaches by the end of June. Usualy it's end of July.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cling peaches ripen early and freestone later in the season.
Both trees were suposed to be freestone Elberta peaches when I planted them 15 years ago.
One must have been marked wrong. My other tree still has little green rocks on it.
Freestones are much easier to work up. I usually get this many peaches off both trees in a season, both are dwarf trees.
I've about got all that my bride and I will eat over the winter. Twelve pints of peaches, and
ten pints of preserves, from two big rounded up bushels of peaches. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
We have a tree that is not ready yet. It is loaded and naturally the fruit is gonna be small. Peach preserves, cobbler, and ice cream are three of my favorite things. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Dagone it guys you're making me hungry :!: :!: :!: :D
And we are doing something about it. We are producing food :!:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Glad to hear of such an excellent problem to be having, Dave. We have a couple of peach trees on our place, but they havn't amounted to much more than goat treats the last couple of years... our old time pear tree though - she's another story...
Enjoy the sweet treats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts