Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a stand by generator installed today at the house. About 7 pM tonight there was a accident, it knockd down about a mile of line , blew several transformers and took out a sub station. Half the county is without power. We lost power for less than 1 minute and the generator fired up.:dance: All the houses that I can see are without power. Unknown at this time when the power will be back on.

·
Super Moderator
7,734 Posts
In a ideal world a generator would never be needed, but it is good to be prepared. It arrived just in time for yall. Hopefully the power will be restored quickly for everyone.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, generators are very handy when needed, for sure.
I have a 24 foot travel trailer and when we bought the trailer in late 2016, we bought a brand new generator along with it. I have an older one as well, but it is around 25 years old, and was not putting out like it used to, but it will still run my deep freeze in case the power goes off for more than a couple days.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Power came back on a little after midnight. Our power company is closer to a night mare then ideal. We have regular power outages

·
I have returned!
280 Posts
Be grateful Steve you dont live in Maine. On average we lose power for two weeks of each year. And still they raise their prices.
At least the 10kw genset keeps us lit. Yet it drinks gas horribly
raider10000s_L.jpg

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine's a 16kw. suppose to run the whole house. They say it will consume 2.93 gallons of propane an hour under full load

1 - 6 of 6 Posts