Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
The high fuel prices prove that the president's energy policy is working as designed in the US and New Zealand :!:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Our price here in Queensland is approx $1.50 per litre for both petrol & diesel. ($6.80 imperial gallon). Varies a few cents depending on the time of week and your location. Often the Brisbane area (stste capital) is more expensive by a ew cents than out in the country. Get out into the far inland area, the price jumps considerably due to transport costs. Currently our dollar is about $1.28 NZ and $1.05 US.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Health care here is publicly funded through provincial general revenue assisted with transfer payments from the federal government to each province. Gas taxes are dumped into general revenue with every other tax so in sense your statement is correct. Here in BC we have to pay a monthly premium for health care, its about $120 for my wife and I. Some provinces have no premium, if you are a resident you are covered.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
AG135 said:
Health care here is publicly funded through provincial general revenue assisted with transfer payments from the federal government to each province. Gas taxes are dumped into general revenue with every other tax so in sense your statement is correct. Here in BC we have to pay a monthly premium for health care, its about $120 for my wife and I. Some provinces have no premium, if you are a resident you are covered.
I quess thats what I meant we get no benifits from our higher prices fuel is just fuel and the only tax benifit is for road repair. My wife and I are lucky we both had retirements that came with benefits and we still pay over $600 a month and that has a $1500 anual deductable and believe it or not that is cheap.Many families pay well over $12000 a year for health insurance. That is why I guess it is hard to compare the costs. So many variables to consider.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
395 Posts
134.9 per litre i believe 4 litres equals a us gal diesel is 126 i filled 4 tracters last week 104 for coulored off road 632 dollars

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Regarding what has been said in these posts, it all still hurts :!: :? :roll:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I see we are at about $1.22 per litre at the pumps in town for gas. Farm fuel will be better as it is minus the taxes. Predictions are that we can expect 1.40 per litre by summer. I just licensed my old 81 Sierra Classic last week. I love that old truck and figure I better drive it while I can still afford to buy gas. Its pretty good on gas considering it is a 30 year old truck with over 400 cubic inches under the hood but still, the cost per mile for gas is getting scary.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts