Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price went up yesterday after being a lot lower it is just under the record paid last year it is $8-68 a gallon looks like it might
get higher :x :x

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
The reason prices were high before? China and India were making cheap cars that their masses could afford. Alas that also meant the price of fuel went up from increase in demand.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Funny thing, the prices go up, the oil companies cry poverty while making record profits. Really I guess that ain't so funny! I can't afford to ride as much as I'd like. The bike get mileage in the mid forties. Sure glad I don't live in New Zealand! I don't think I could deal with eight bucks a gallon.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
bikerdave said:
Funny thing, the prices go up, the oil companies cry poverty while making record profits. Really I guess that ain't so funny! I can't afford to ride as much as I'd like. The bike get mileage in the mid forties. Sure glad I don't live in New Zealand! I don't think I could deal with eight bucks a gallon.
Yeah Dave, the reporters report that a new oil drilling rig may cost about $4 Billion dollars to build and they say it like they feel sorry for the oil companies. Then the next day they report Billions of dollars per QUARTER profit as though they have it coming to them...All while holding the world hostage, enslaved by the price of fuel. You're lucky your scoot gets in the mid-forties, my old '97 Valkyrie gets a consistent 30 mpg..... AND it costs nearly 25 dollars to mow my YARD !!! (not with the Valk) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't see how farmers can do what they do with the costs as they are....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Oh for the days of my youth when every station was 25 cents a gallon. Course I was working for 50 cents an hour then too.

Gas went up during July 80 cents, -July 2nd = $3.09,...Aug. 2nd - $3.89, came down near 20 cents the past week.
Been putting in just enough in the van to get where I'm going & back the past few weeks. Lawn mowing cans need filled if grass takes off & grows after the 1.500 inch rain we got overnight.
Not complaining about the rain thou, sure needed it, would have been nice to have it 6 weeks ago thou.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had a Valk and loved it, but it did drink petrol. I think thirty-seven was the best I ever got and that was on a long trip in the interstate. Love my thirteen hundred!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts