Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 pair of pigeons about 2 months ago sold 1 pair for what I gave for both. a pigeon will lay 2 eggs she lay 1 egg skip a day and lay another and 3 days later go to sitting on them..she sits on them at night cock sits on them in day time well she laid an egg skipped a day layed another and started sitting and then I notice I had 3 eggs and skip a day another yel you guess it right I got 2 hens so now I am looking for 2 cocks..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds like you need to trade 1 back. I keep 2-3 pairs of meat pigeons here. We like the meat, 2 makes a meal for the 2 of us, or 1 for pigeon pie, cheap easy meat. Them and rabbits are probably 3/4 of our meat supply....James

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
caseman said:
I bought 2 pair of pigeons about 2 months ago sold 1 pair for what I gave for both. a pigeon will lay 2 eggs she lay 1 egg skip a day and lay another and 3 days later go to sitting on them..she sits on them at night cock sits on them in day time well she laid an egg skipped a day layed another and started sitting and then I notice I had 3 eggs and skip a day another yel you guess it right I got 2 hens so now I am looking for 2 cocks..
I just learned something that I thought I never would. Pigeon MATH is confusing :!: :lol:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found 2 that guy had for sale and like he said he really thought they was males but could not guarantee them as male so I will see what I got here in a day or so...

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you want to start over. I could use them to train my bird dog. She's not picky about male or female. Let me know if you want to sell them.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw some action in the pigeon coop this am ..I do believe that I have some males to go with them females..still have my fingers crossed till I see them mate..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up date on the pigeons..I sold them and now I have a mated pair of German Owls and a mated pair of Satinettes only difference I see in them the Satinettes have feathers on their legs..now to wait till they lay..

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
Some pics when you get a chance would be great. You have some real exotic stuff Jr. I think you should be recognized as the curator of an International Bird Sanctuary. :idea: ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the pair of Satinette Pigeons

Here is the Owl Pigeons

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
Cute 'n Fluffy :!: ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
American Fan Tails -look where their head is right back to their tail got these last Sat.. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,582 Posts
Really pretty birds :!:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts