Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the pillars finished and restored an old gate, also lenghened it to fit the wider gap. Phillip also built a lengh of stone wall to finish the job off. Now the big debate is whether we whitewash the 3 pillars or not. By the way the gate has since been painted black. What do ye all think?

[img

This old gate has been lying around since dad bought the place 50 odd years ago.

The wall helped to finish the job

I think it helps to tidy up the entrance.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes it sure does looks good ;)

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
Looks Great Paddy!! You're right it is nice to keep the entrance tidy, and
NO, I wouldn't whitewash them. Just let them age in the weather naturally. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Well Paddy what do we think . I really think it made a statement . A great statment ,one that says we care and another we want to showofff our entrance and the best one says to me come on in you are welcome and you know I would want to come on up and say Hello . I just love your great finish . Thanks for sharing Paddy .

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the replies folks, everyone on here and at home seems to be in favour of the natural look, but Irene will probably have the last say, as usual :lol: :lol: By the way if you put the curser on the pics, hold down the Ctrl key and scroll out you will see all of the pic.
Don't know why they came on this size.

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
I don't seem to have a problem seeing the whole photos. You have a very nice place. :)
By the way is that gravestones I'm seeing ? If so , what's their history?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Dave , no gravestones in pics, at least as far as I know, is it the two wooden gate posts in the background you see?

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
In the second photo, the two just to the right of the pillar you built, in the background, and the one at the right edge of the photo look stone in the photo.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
In the second photo, the two just to the right of the pillar you built, in the background, and the one at the right edge of the photo look stone in the photo.

I thought the same thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts