Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the day and we all went out and picked the plants and some flowers to put in the ground, here are some pic's from this moring and early afternoon

Its not much but it will be enough to feed us and a few neighbors who like our treats, we decided on not doing the lower part thats 80 foot long and 15 foot wide.....just too much work and our vacaction is in a weird spot this year so we wont be there to tend a larger crop. We put in potatoes(just a couple for fun), green peppers(my fav), tomatoes, brocoli, yellow squash,yellow and green beans, and pumpkins. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stephenscity said:
Looks like all were having a good time !! Gotta ask tho whats with the easter eggs. The girls do know they won't grow right? :lol:
Those were balls from their bounce house...Thel used them to mark the holes where the plants were going....you werent thinking my girls had a serious idea did you? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Great job yall! I planted a few yellow snap beans this year, but they were no-shows. Do they have a similar taste to the green ones?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim in NC said:
Great job yall! I planted a few yellow snap beans this year, but they were no-shows. Do they have a similar taste to the green ones?
To me the yellows tend to have a sweeter taste.....a no butter added kind flavor :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
We really like the yellow wax beans, tender and mild. Sweetie doesn't like strong green beans, we plant the tendergreen variety and pick at pencil size, which is every day on hot days. We only have a 15' row of each this year, will only can a few pints when there are to many to keep up with. We mix them too, great for dilled or bean salad with oil free italian dressing....James

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jwal10 said:
We really like the yellow wax beans, tender and mild. Sweetie doesn't like strong green beans, we plant the tendergreen variety and pick at pencil size, which is every day on hot days. We only have a 15' row of each this year, will only can a few pints when there are to many to keep up with. We mix them too, great for dilled or bean salad with oil free italian dressing....James
Sounds great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts