Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess this is where to post this, Finally got the old oliver plow to work and plowed the garden few days back, Plow worked great operator not so good was a real learning exp, Pulled it into the shed and started to grind ect,As soon as weather warms want to try to paint question is since it has been soaked in PBBlaster should I wipe this down with something special before painting? Was able to find enough old paint to get the paint scheme,This is what it looked like.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
I'd probably wipe it down good with brake cleaner to get all the oil residue off. Then just wash with soapy water and let dry real good.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Like Ron said hit the oily spots with your favorite cleaner/degreaser.
Then I use dish soap to wash them with again, since it's made to clean grease as well.
Rinse, let dry, start sanding. ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
Thanks guys! Now if'n anyone wants to come see VA now be a good time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What time???????????????????
Anytime my friend door is always open to you and your family!!

Much apprecitated. Little by little our traveling gets a tad farther. Right now we do Ky (right Betty) and Nebraska and Mich (Derick). Someday we'll hopefully make it there but hope to see ya in Ky this year.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Much apprecitated. Little by little our traveling gets a tad farther. Right now we do Ky (right Betty) and Nebraska and Mich (Derick). Someday we'll hopefully make it there but hope to see ya in Ky this year.[/quote]
Hey, what happened to Illinois :shock: :eek:

·
Registered
658 Posts
prwttsh said:
Much apprecitated. Little by little our traveling gets a tad farther. Right now we do Ky (right Betty) and Nebraska and Mich (Derick). Someday we'll hopefully make it there but hope to see ya in Ky this year.
Hey, what happened to Illinois :shock: :eek:[/quote]

Maybe we dont matter :?:

I tell ya he busts my chops on the Allis board and he forgets us Bruce :mrgreen:

G

·
0 Posts
bertman said:
prwttsh said:
Hey, what happened to Illinois :shock: :eek:
Maybe we dont matter :?:

I tell ya he busts my chops on the Allis board and he forgets us Bruce :mrgreen:[/quote]

:oops: Of course Ill. How could I have missed that one. Guess since I grew up in Ill. it slipped by :lol:

Sorry guys. Please forgive me ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
I can't make out all the words can anyone fill in the blanks? On the pic.
Kinda looks like it says OLIVER. Can't really read anything else from the picture.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
I can't make out all the words can anyone fill in the blanks? On the pic.
Kinda looks like it says OLIVER. Can't really read anything else from the picture.
Yea I got the oliver but not sure about the rest. Still think it was cool finding under the rust.
Most definately. Don't think I do anything to get rid of the writing.
Maybe do a net search for Oliver plows and see if someone has a picture of one with the writing visible??

G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Yea I want to preserve thwriting hoping maybe some suggestions will come in. Be awhile before it's ready for finish,Unless sound stops by :lol: :lol: :lol:
He'd have it done before you even got lunch ready for him :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
Yea I want to preserve thwriting hoping maybe some suggestions will come in. Be awhile before it's ready for finish,Unless sound stops by :lol: :lol: :lol:
He'd have it done before you even got lunch ready for him :lol: :lol:
Aint that the truth. I'm just hoping to be done by Memorial Day weekend. We have a Heritage festival here want to put it in the parade.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Look what I found under the rust! :eek: :shock: Thought this was sorta a neat find. Still there after all these years and neglect. Now don't think I want to paint over this. :?
What you guys think?

Rub some wd40 or pb blaster on it and it might stand out more so you can read it ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Hope this helps Mike. Found this picture on the internet. If you save it to your computer you should be able to zoom in to read everything a little better.
Good luck Sir.

Raydox
NC 219 16 M

1 - 20 of 21 Posts