Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took little red back to the farm this past week end and stopped by and turned mom and dads garden.

Aint the biggest tractor in the world but sure is fun to work every now and then.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Ol' Branden looks like he'd be at home on Little Red OR on a 100 horse Ford pulling an 8 bottom. Looks like he did a professional job on the garden. Gordon, all you guys musta paid attention to your dad and granddad and it rubbed off good. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had a little Farmall 140 I had set 2-12 fast hitch plows in river bottoms walk right on in second gear..

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Gordon,
Very nice pictures of the single bottom turning over that garden soil. Reminds me I need to go get my set of plows soon.
Thanks for taking the time to post these nice pictures. Great looking tractor!
Regards.
Chris

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That sure is a pretty red :D

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Thanks so much for Brandon getting my garden plowed now time to pull out the old rotor tiller and get to work. we just got three&half inches of rain ground all settled down now a couple days of sunshine and Planting time.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. Wendell shhh don't mention the bigger tractor Brandons been talking about a 1066 IH for a couple of years and the 2x14's I got won't even make a furrow big enough for the back tires to run in. ;) :) :) :) Your right about the 2x12's caseman I got two sets I've ran across through the years and they'll pull them good. Love plowing in the river bottoms. I liked the pic of the plow turning the ground over seems like I can smell the dirt when I see it. Did I mention out of everything you do on a tractor I like plowing the best and mowing would be next well actually I don't guess theres much of anything I don't like doing on a tractor its the best theropy there is, if a man can get up on a old tractor and hear it fire up and not smile he's past help. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
What a pretty tractor and it ploughs really well too. I have to scrape off old, old grease to even find paint on mine. I am starting to think I might like one painted up nice but that one looks show room nice. Thanks for the pics, I was looking longingly at my discs and some ground that needs working but the frost is still in. Maybe by May......

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WyattB said:
What a pretty tractor and it ploughs really well too. I have to scrape off old, old grease to even find paint on mine. I am starting to think I might like one painted up nice but that one looks show room nice. Thanks for the pics, I was looking longingly at my discs and some ground that needs working but the frost is still in. Maybe by May......
Thanks. WE still use little red all the time and really enjoy working him. I hope the weather breaks soon for you all seemed like winter went on forever.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice job. It rolled it over nicely. I finally rolled over a little 1/2 garden last week home then Went upstate Pa this past weekend to plow but it was too wet. Took the PHD up and planted about 50 friut trees. Wind howling, didn't make it out the the 30's, snowing at times. Long winter. This year it may go from winter into summer with only a couple of spring day inbetween.

Kirk

·
Administrator
4,284 Posts
Nice job on the garden Brandon. :cool: I can't get a tractor out without doing something.

gordon1121 said:
........................Love plowing in the river bottoms. I liked the pic of the plow turning the ground over seems like I can smell the dirt when I see it. Did I mention out of everything you do on a tractor I like plowing the best and mowing would be next well actually I don't guess theres much of anything I don't like doing on a tractor its the best theropy there is, if a man can get up on a old tractor and hear it fire up and not smile he's past help. :)
Gordon I liked the way you said that. Spoken like a true Kentucky farmboy. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
Brandon did a wonderful job plowin' the garden. A smaller tractor is often big enuff to do the job if used properly. I think yall figured that out long ago :!: ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts