Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older brush hog post hole digger that I used on a Ford I no longer have. Seems too much for my Kubota. Any reason I can't use it on my A? I haven't seen a PHD on any of these older tractors. I've wanted a 3 point kit for awhile and that would be a good reason to finally purchase one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Any reason I can't use it on my A

No.

However, keep in mind that your Model A does not have a "live" PTO like new model number series tractors.

As an example, our 48 Model A had a JD 350 sickle mower attached to it.

In order to raise the mower from the ground to transport it to the hay field, the mower drive shaft was removed from the PTO shaft.

Engaging the hand clutch allowed the Powr-Trol to raise the mower without the sickle knife engaging in the upright position.

Once at the hay field, the mower was lowered to the ground and the drive shaft was reconnected to the PTO shaft to start cutting hay.

Check the operation of your Model A's Powr-Trol.

Start the tractor, engage the hand clutch, and try to raise the rock shaft without engaging the PTO.

If the tractor will raise the rock shaft without engaging the PTO, then using the post-hole digger should not create a problem.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts