Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Went to an auction saturday to check out this non-running H. Talked to a neighbor and he knows it ran up to 6 years ago powering the sawmill sitting in front of it. It really looks like it wants to live with me for a while in this picture don't it ??

Here's the other side...the old timer had a toggle switch wired in a 50' extension cord in series with the coil and tied on the sawmill infeed control. I assume it was an emergency shutdown or something...???

I think its a '51. Not stuck or anything, just a case of baaaaaad gas... :oops: :oops: :oops: Shouldn't take too much to make 'er fire up...now about the sawmill, well, you guessed it...I couldn't force myself to separate the pair so it too came to Po' Acres...

So here the old girl sits at her new home ready to get some attention...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations!

G

·
0 Posts
Congrats Wendel. Looks like a great candidate for a Po Acres employee. Hope to see more pics as you get her and the sawmill up n runnin.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
petra79 said:
Congrats Wendel. Looks like a great candidate for a Po Acres employee. Hope to see more pics as you get her and the sawmill up n runnin.
Might be a while on the mill up and runnin part...just being lazy, you know. BTW, I posted some pics of the mill in the Farm buildings forum. Still have more pics to post of the move... and actuallyl, its still on the trailer. Got home late Sunday evening.

John, I musta read TractorData wrong. I looked it up on a phone right as the auction was starting... :oops: But, the older the better huh...

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
If it had another number at the end, it would have been a 51. I have trouble with my iphone loading pages right! Heck, it may be me, I still aint fiqured out how to get the pictures off of it yet!!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John M said:
If it had another number at the end, it would have been a 51. I have trouble with my iphone loading pages right! Heck, it may be me, I still aint fiqured out how to get the pictures off of it yet!!
Yeah, me too, John. It's about all I can do to photobucket the pics...something about the attachment button down at the bottom, but I just can't get there from here...
And Mike it might take a little bit of time to get her going because of other commitments but I'll get her there. I'd buy H's in this shape until I ran outta money at the price I paid for this one. Of course, maybe that's just me...junkman didn't get it though !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I remember when these and other 1940's and 1950's tractors were going for 50 to 100 bucks at just about any farm auction.

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
It matters more that it is a decent looking tractor than what year model it it. I'd say you have a lot of good stuff to work with. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts