Antique Tractors Forum banner

Preparing for a Ploughing day.

12K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Tha Ulsterscot 
#1 ·
A charity ploughing day is being held close to us on Sat. It will be the first chance to try out the Zetor 3045

We tried this 4 furrow plough, but have decided it would be too much and will take a 3 score instead.

See less See more
#2 ·
That Zetor looks to be a heavy tractor, and I think 3 plows will match up with it better.

#5 ·
Zetors are made in Czechoslovakia,and evolved from an arms factory looking for peacetime production. the first tractor, the 25A first rolled off the production line a few months after
the end of the war. They were a cheap alternative to western tractors, and still are relatively cheap.
Here's a pic of my 100 hp 4 wd, its a 04 model.

[/i
mg]

[img

#17 ·
MrsMassey and myself visited Ireland in '00. We had no reservations at all, just landed at Dublin, rented a car and took off. We just picked out Bed and Breakfasts each evening, ate every meal in the pubs and visited all over the middle and southern areas for 9 days. We want to go back again....Such a fantastic trip and the food was amazing !!!! :D :D We found an outstanding agricultural museum that held my interest for hours !! I hope you enjoyed your plowing day !!!

#18 ·
Tha Ulsterscot said:
No Betty, thats one of our neighbours, this is a crowded little place you know :)
This is a pic of our place

Nice looking place you have. Just wondering what the plant is in the front pasture, Looks like a plant we have here called tansey ragwort. Sheep can eat it but not good for cattle, worse when mixed in the hay....James

#19 ·
Well spotted Kent, I should have pulled them up, :oops: ,but it has been sprayed and cut for hay since.

Missourie, we had a good days crack, and rasied over £1900 for the chest heart and stroke charityat the same time. You can see pics of the day on here, The County Down Traction Engine Club. com
Lots of others there too, worth taking a look.

Kent, I will put up some more pics of the Holder as soon as I can,and a bit more information about it.

Thanks everyone for looking Paddy

#21 ·
Hi Kent, I tried to put up some pics last night but they seem to have changed photo bucket and I haven't got it figured out yet, but soon as I do I'll be happy to put up some of the Holder and give you the story of how I came accross it. Will try to get it sorted over the weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.