Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the phone bill today for the home phone. Bill was $15 higher than usual. Checked it out, had made a call about part I was selling. At the time of the call he was only 30 miles from me, but he and his cell phone are from Canada, International call. Got to remember to use the cell phone when making calls like that.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
missouri massey man said:
Cell phones are a conspiracy Steve...They get you thinking you can't live without them, then they charge exorbitant amounts for the "packages"...
Kids all make fun of me but I use one of those Net 10 things and have over 8000 min and it only costs $15 a month. No bells or whistles but too old for them anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Our contract is up for renewal this fall, and I know they will be pushing us into smart phones or some sort of hand-held puter capable of making a phone call. ALL I WANT IS A PHONE!!!! I can talk much faster than I can type. Most times, both that would come from me would make little sense. Can't hardly read the keys ennyway, and when on a dusty tractor, it is nearly impossible. Mike, tell me about your phone plan.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Our contract is up for renewal this fall, and I know they will be pushing us into smart phones or some sort of hand-held puter capable of making a phone call. ALL I WANT IS A PHONE!!!! I can talk much faster than I can type. Most times, both that would come from me would make little sense. Can't hardly read the keys ennyway, and when on a dusty tractor, it is nearly impossible. Mike, tell me about your phone plan.
Jim it is a net 10. I get 200 min a month for $15 Never use the dang thing so over the years have accumulated the min. ya have to pay the $15 every month but the min roll over. pretty simple and basic and I guess you guys have figured out I am not much of a phone guy,more for convienience and yes I guess with age security.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I would have used my cell phone for that call, it would have been no additional charge. My mistake was I called him from my land line. They realy hung it to me

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Mike we have the Trac phone plan here. I'll see if Net 10 is available. we would need 2 phones, so it may not be a very big savings. Too many people have my number. ATFers are welcome any time! After 9pm is better :!: :D

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I broke down and joined the smartphone crowd 2 or 3 years ago. Couldnt really do anything I wanted to do with, except get on the net, but it was so hard to type on that blackberry. Ive got an iphone now, much easier to use, and I do use it ALOT, and I also have one for work with some work specific apps. Has really saved me alot of time during the day. Now my personal iphone, ne calls, thats my toy. Other than phone calls and internet, my wife and I text each other every day. (Shes constantly reminding me how much I love her!!!) Good for when one of us is in a meeting.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My cell phone is dumber than a rock, but it does make phone calls. That's all I want a phone for.
Tell me, what did we do before cell phones? It seems that one can't drive or go into a store without a cell phone stuck in your ear. I for one am sick and tired of listening to other peoples phone calls. :evil: :evil:
Sorry bout the rant. :oops: :oops:

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Well, I dropped the long distance off my home phone a couple of months ago. When I didn't make any long distance calls,
but they charged me over $6 worth of access, and other fees and taxes just to have it connected. What a legal scam. :evil:
I bought a prepaid Tracphone just to use for emergencies, some years ago, after I couldn't walk far to find help anymore if my truck broke down.
Then a few years later my bride decided it was time for her to get one, after her car broke down 100 miles from home.
Neither of us wanted to carry around an "electronic leash", and they mostly stay off unless we are out and about. There are times it's good to be inaccessible. ;)
The prepaid phones work for us, as we both build minutes every three months when they have to be renewed. $20 every three months per phone,
for long distance, when we use it, and peace of mind out on the road, ain't that bad of a price to pay. We will just have to see how it works using them
for our long distance, as we live just on the edge of the reception area, and don't always get a signal around the house. :roll:
bikerdave said:
My cell phone is dumber than a rock, but it does make phone calls. That's all I want a phone for.
Tell me, what did we do before cell phones? It seems that one can't drive or go into a store without a cell phone stuck in your ear. I for one am sick and tired of listening to other peoples phone calls. :evil: :evil:
Sorry bout the rant. :oops: :oops:
They were called Pay Phones, Dave, remember?? :? They are a fleeting and elusive critter these days, but back when you needed one, there always seemed to be someone camped out on it. ;)

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Our home phone has the ringer turned off. Any calls I am to receive or long distance are made with the cell. Telemarketers are not allowed to call on cell phones. Otherwise our home is blissfully quiet, except for the noise of the JD 60.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lovesthedrive said:
Our home phone has the ringer turned off. Any calls I am to receive or long distance are made with the cell. Telemarketers are not allowed to call on cell phones. Otherwise our home is blissfully quiet, except for the noise of the JD 60.
That ain't so bad :D

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
4imnotright said:
Lovesthedrive said:
That ain't so bad :D

I agree :!: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts