Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi All,

Is that front axle broken or just looks that way?
Appreciate answers please, and Thank You!

·
I have returned!
280 Posts
It is a ford that had a loader on it. Yes having the loader on the front will break the front axle.

The hole going through the center of the front axle is where it breaks and is a common repair. I did one on the 640 I owned some time ago. It isnt too terrible of a job to repair. Maybe two hours of pulling the center pin, pop the steering linkage, disconnect the sway bars, a hydraulic jack under the pump bracket before you pull the front pin, one bolt holds that pin in place, pull the pin and lower the tractor with the jack and the axle comes right out. Mine had been prviously repaired yet I added some extra as there was room front and back to support the bronze busshing. You will want to replace the bronze bushing that goes over the pin.

Love the aftermarket 6 blade fan on it. Must move alot of air.
IMG_20160217_075954.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I lost my chance to buy this. Thanks for the information. I now know the broken front axel is not a real difficult repair.

I was quite sure that it was a broken axel and of course with the oversize front tires it had been abused as a loader tractor. Small enough to go places the real loader tractrops do NOT FIT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts