Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure wish you folks in the drought had this rain. It is flooding Newport News and Hampton again. It is raining here at about four to five inches per hour here. AGAIN!! We have had more than enough this week!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Biker Dave just send it are way .we are really dry here . Henry is watering in the garden now. He waters every other night .

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Heavy storms with thunder and lightening knockin' on our roof rite now :!: :shock:

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
I think the worst is over. Some hard rain, thunder, and lightning, and there are flash flood warnings for the county, but we are fine. It is still raining nice and easy.

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Our house is ontop of a hill. You would think we would not get flooded. We got 4 inches of rain last weekend and our ground is so over saturated that our septic system is backed up.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
All around me, but never saw a drop yesterday! Mom said she got about 2", about 60 miles from me. Charleston SC got dumped pretty bad. Flooded out several places yesterday!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Betty will get her rain, with Issac coming. Hope she gets the rain and nothing else. I mean from the hurricane!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
bikerdave said:
I think Betty will get her rain, with Issac coming. Hope she gets the rain and nothing else. I mean from the hurricane!
I hope so Dave but nothing here yet ,Yesterday rain all around but nothing as of yet. Henry watered corn & beans & squash & other things again last night. Would be nice to get a soaking rain.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
I tried to keep it all here Monday :lol: We had rain that lasted about an hour at 1:00 and 4:30 in the afternoon, then started again about 11:00 and rain until sometime through the night.
I woke up Yesterday morning to the creek running high, and ponds in the hayfield. When I checked it had dropped 3.2" in my rain gauge.
Was gonna cut hay, but was too wet. Now with the threat from Issac for more starting Friday afternoon. Not enough time for hay to dry laying on wet ground. :roll:
We have had three days of rain in August, and I've dumped 11.25" from my gauge from those three days. :shock: the 4th 3.1" the 5th .75" in the morning then 4.2" that evening, the 27th 3.2"
Seems after the hot dry spell in the middle of growing season, the rain has come in abundance here, trying to make up for it. ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Big Dave, that's sorta like here. None when you need it and then too much trying to make up for it. :eek: :roll: :?

G

·
0 Posts
All I can say is that hurricane Best NOT mess with Betty if it knows whats good for it :lol: :lol: She'd give a good ole fashioned What for in a heart beat................................

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ya'll get any to spare; please send it to Tillman County Oklahoma. Situation here in watershed for lakes where a lot of drinking water comes from is getting serious. All around us and south of the Red Rivers getting some rain and some areas a lot of rain. Here we can't beg borrow or steal a soaker with runoff

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Melvin, in what part of Ok is Tillman County? If you are in Eastern Ok, I think yall should get some rain from Isaac. :idea:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jim eastern Oklahoma has great prospects; Tillman county is in the extreme south west; so with the high pressure cell hovering above us prospects are slim. I am really glad eastern Oklahoma has good prospects as part of that area is seriously hurting; especially in the piney woods country.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Melvin, I sure hoped the prospects for yall getting relief from Issac were greater. We just have to keep praying :!: ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts