Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I thinking of buying an international W6 tractor in real good condition can anyone tell me what there like are they collectible. thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
If it's American it is collectible, (I have 1) but I've had nothing to do with Aussie built AW6. The AW6 had different size wheels front & back, they didn't look right as wheat land tractors, in my opinion. American had 16.9 x30 on the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The AW6 will out pull a American w6 due to the back rims being solid cast iron not spoked. So they get a little bit extra traction. I also believe the motor is 5hp more due to different pistons, but I might be wrong about that without it up again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The AW6 will out pull a American w6 due to the back rims being solid cast iron not spoked. So they get a little bit extra traction. I also believe the motor is 5hp more due to different pistons, but I might be wrong about that without it up again.
Here are some pictures are the international and farm all W6 the same tractor

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
They are identical motors and tansmissions apart from the back wheels. Mine is 16.930

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are identical motors and tansmissions apart from the back wheels. Mine is 16.930
Thank you very much, the person I am buying it off Her father died she said he always kept his tractors mechanically in good condition they are want $4000 won’t go any lower are they worth that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts