Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bought this at an auction in southern Illinois last year, unloaded it, put a right rear wheel on it. Got the clutch unstuck and have begun the soaking, soaking and re-soaking with penetrant for when it becomes a future project. Last year I'd posted a string of pictures on how we got it safely off the trailer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts
Re: Re-post of a 3 wheeled 101 Senior

I remember seeing that but you know I forgot how you got it unloaded. If you still have the pic could you repost them and we have new members also that will want to see them.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re-post of a 3 wheeled 101 Senior

petra79 said:
WE WANT MOE PICTURES





please :ugeek:
I only have pictures of LARRY and CURLY.... :lol: :lol:
By the way, Gordon, I've got the motor completely done and painted, sitting on the stand. Just about ready to drop it back in the frame. Sidetracked by another purchase (or three). Just picked up a '08/'09 Galloway 6 hp make and break yesterday... I was working with a carpenter and was talking about sawmills and old iron and he said he had his grandfathers old motor off of a saw rig....The rest, as they say, is history. ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re-post of a 3 wheeled 101 Senior


Ok, here's a few more.... Starting with the photo at the auction before it decided it wanted to live amongst the living....and leave the graveyard for good.

First shot in the driveway and ready to back down the hill to the overhead hoist. They loaded it with a forklift at the auction. Mine is too small to remove it. :(

The easiest way was to use two chain hoists, level the rear and slowly pull the trailer forward.

This actually works quite well as many wierd objects have been loaded and unloaded in this fashion here at Po' Acres. This shot is right before lowering the back end to a safer height after clearing the rear of the trailer.

Lowered half way and tied off the side with a coffing hoist to eliminate swing because of the unbalance....

Now safely on the ground with the left rear, ready to drag the trailer the rest of the way...

There's really nothing to it and nothing unsafe about it as all the hoist are multiple tonnage. I'm sure it looks silly to a lot of fellows that have the big equipment to properly do things like this....but all I have is home made stuff salvaged from hither, thither and yon. :oops: :oops: Fun, though !!!

Here she sits on solid soil, ready for the makeover to begin...

She almost looks like she's ready to run here...but, believe me, looks are deceiving...motor is stuck, clutch was stuck, but except for the right rear, and the one side panel, it is a totally complete tractor. If you're wondering why I didn't merely put a wheel on the right side, well it had been sitting in the dirt for a number of years and I had to clean all the dirt and rust and chase the threads and scrounge up some lug bolts and needed the trailer immediately.
I hope you don't mind the re-post...at least some of the narration is different. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top