Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finally got a day off and my Father in law calls about a pin oak his neighbor had the tree trimmers drop last week. He needed someone to deal with the main trunk as the tree trimmer had removed all the branches and small stuff. So, first thing this morning, we took the Stihl 440 Magnum with 24" and the old 038 Magnum II with 20" and blocked up the main log into 29 pieces, 16"-18" long.

Butt cut was 32" and up the log it dropped to 26" and the end was down to 14 to 16". Good quick work out and didn't even spend any money for gym rental :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Left at 7:00 and got back and was unloaded by 8:30 including a quick stop at Mickey D's.....Sure is nice to have a hard working son and son in law.... Soooo, I'm here taking a few pictures and this guy drives by and asks me if I'm the guy on that tractor forum that takes all the pictures while his sons are doing all the work..... I don't know what he meant, Ron, can you help me out here....????

G

·
0 Posts
I didn't know Mike had a brother that lived by you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its great to be known around the nation. Did ya give him my business card at least :roll:

·
Registered
658 Posts
petra79 said:
I didn't know Mike had a brother that lived by you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its great to be known around the nation. Did ya give him my business card at least :roll:
Ive been looking for a photographer myself :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love messing with chainsaws it relaxes me somehow ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Been hearin' some chainsaws through the hollows here over the last few days. I figure those folks are cleaning up storm damage from the big wind last week. Sometimes it has to be done this time of year, but operatin' a chain saw in this weather only happen here in case of an emergency. Wendell, glad you could get it done quickly before the opressive heat set in.

Back in '95 or '96, Hurricane Fran hit the NC coast, headed northwest, and passed between Greensboro and Raleigh. The ground was fairly wet, thus in addition to destroying lots of tobacco, mine included, many trees were taken down. I had to cut about a half dozen trees from around the two tobacco barns I used on mom's farm. One tree was on the barn and it was full of tobacco. I could not get to the barns with a tractor or truck until the trees were moved. They also took down the power lines. This was in early September. Although not as hot as now, it was miserable fighting the bugs and humidity. I didn't have a loader tractor then either :!: :(

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim in NC said:
Been hearin' some chainsaws through the hollows here over the last few days. I figure those folks are cleaning up storm damage from the big wind last week. Sometimes it has to be done this time of year, but operatin' a chain saw in this weather only happen here in case of an emergency. Wendell, glad you could get it done quickly before the opressive heat set in.

Back in '95 or '96, Hurricane Fran hit the NC coast, headed northwest, and passed between Greensboro and Raleigh. The ground was fairly wet, thus in addition to destroying lots of tobacco, mine included, many trees were taken down. I had to cut about a half dozen trees from around the two tobacco barns I used on mom's farm. One tree was on the barn and it was full of tobacco. I could not get to the barns with a tractor or truck until the trees were moved. They also took down the power lines. This was in early September. Although not as hot as now, it was miserable fighting the bugs and humidity. I didn't have a loader tractor then either :!: :(
I remember hearing about Fran, but at that time I really didn't know anyone in that area. Sounds like it was a tough time cleaning up. I'm sure you got through it well though. We'll hope there won't be a repeat Jim.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Wendell, glad you got a day of so you could get on ATF and stir Ron up a little . He gets to quite when people aren't picking at him. At least I got a needed laugh from your post .

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bettyp said:
Wendell, glad you got a day of so you could get on ATF and stir Ron up a little . He gets to quite when people aren't picking at him. At least I got a needed laugh from your post .
I'm glad you enjoyed the little jab....but the devil made me do it !! I can't be letting Mike have all the fun all the time... p.s. Tessa says she loves every one of your posts, MissBetty. We just made home made ice cream. SIX quarts and the 7 of us little pigs just ate all but about 2 pints of it !!!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Jim in NC said:

2003 Isabelle hit here in the valley. First time I ever saw rain sideways but even she didn't cause a fraction of the damage that we just had. Feel for all that live in areas that this happens on a regular basis.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
missouri massey man said:
bettyp said:
I'm glad you enjoyed the little jab....but the devil made me do it !! I can't be letting Mike have all the fun all the time... p.s. Tessa says she loves every one of your posts, MissBetty. We just made home made ice cream. SIX quarts and the 7 of us little pigs just ate all but about 2 pints of it !!!!
Tell Tessa thanks I like her posting. What kind of icecream did you make ? My daughter in law (Mary) & Dean make Home made icecream Sunday evening and she made strawberry was really good . Mary bring all the making and get in my kitchen and whips it upand Dean freezes it . Never met Mike but really would love to . Ron is a great person , love his whole family. They been here twice. I was so sorry they didn't make it to the show ,but said they were coming later. Wendell get some needed rest.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Wendell, Hugo beat us up some but Fran was the worst for us since we came to the farm. I lost several thousand pounds of tobacco from the wind and drowning. What baccer was left was bruised, on leaning stalks, twisted, and hard to harvest and put into the barns. If there only had been evidence of hail. I think there was, but the insurance adjuster had other ideas.

G

·
0 Posts
bettyp said:
:shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
petra79 said:
bettyp said:

Perhaps we now know who the real troublemaker is :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea: :?

G

·
0 Posts
Jim in NC said:
petra79 said:
bettyp said:

Perhaps we now know who the real troublemaker is :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea: :?
The one with the misleading avatar :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perhaps we now know who the real troublemaker is :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea: :?[/quote]

The one with the misleading avatar :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]

Now guys, don't gang up on poor MissBetty, because if Jim thinks Fran and Hugo were trouble, I bet they would be a whirlwind by comparison if Hurricane Betty cut loose on North Carolina and Indiana.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I sure don't wanna take THAT chance.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I feel like I steped in a rattle snake den. Oh my goodness. :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :? :? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Pretty funny how neither Jim nor I mentioned any names but it sure seems like Wendell and Mike are calling Betty out on this :eek: :eek: :eek: Shame on you guys. How Rude :| :|

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts