Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what all type of denominations are on here I don't know if this is the right spot for it and I certainly hope we can all just love one another for who we are and what we believe. I am a southern baptist preacher anyone else care to share?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Hello there Southern Baptist Preacher. I was raised most of my life in Southern Baptist Church , About 12 yrs ago because of moving and changes I started going to Church of God so I could worship with Family . I have taught Sunday School most of my time since I was around 20 in both church es. They both serve the same God as I do. When I get to Heaven I will not be lookingfor the Baptist ,Church of God ,Medodist, .......etc because there will not be a Denomination there . We all will be in the Family of God. Praise the Lord ,isn't that great . Thanks for asking this on aday that is bitter sweet today . Mind & Caseman's (Jr) sister was called home to heaven this morning @5:15. Our family would appreciate your prayers. Please pray for Caseman also. Thanks for this post .
A Request ;; Why don't you post us a daily Verse or good thought to start our day .

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
betty your exactly right and thats whats so great about it as long as we have been borned again then we will all be together we dont have the same exact beleif i certainly have mine and i will stand on it when i feel that i am supposed to but as long as we can agree on being borned again we can all get along and fellowship one with another. we will certainly keep your family in our prayers

and as for you stephenscity we will try not to hold that against you too much ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm kind of between General Baptist and Church of God. My wife and I rededicated our lives to the Lord on Feb. 5th and have been going to different churches just trying to find where God wants us. Right now we are going to the church that I was raised in and it's Gen. Baptist.

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
I was raised in Baptist churches, by a Catholic mother. However, I gave up on organized religion over thirty years ago. Not on the Lord.
I found too much hypocrisy in every church I attended. The "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of the preachers and church elders I came across
everywhere I attended, drove me away from organized religious services. If people want to tell me how I should live then they should lead by example.
I worship our Lord in my own way, in my home, when I'm out working the fields, in my dreams as I sleep. He knows it. He's good with it. We're tight. ;)
I never thought about this before, but as early as I can remember I had a reoccurring dream of being chased into the church I attended, trapped in the
basement Sunday school rooms, then I would escape out the window, and as I was running from the church, towards a bright light, I would wake. I had
that same dream several times a week all my life, until I left the churches, and worshipped on my own. Then it suddenly stopped. Now, thinking back on it,
I must be where God wanted me. Running from the hypocrisy towards the truth.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
I was raised in Baptist churches, by a Catholic mother. However, I gave up on organized religion over thirty years ago. Not on the Lord.
I found too much hypocrisy in every church I attended. The "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of the preachers and church elders I came across
everywhere I attended, drove me away from organized religious services. If people want to tell me how I should live then they should lead by example.
I worship our Lord in my own way, in my home, when I'm out working the fields, in my dreams as I sleep. He knows it. He's good with it. We're tight. ;)
I never thought about this before, but as early as I can remember I had a reoccurring dream of being chased into the church I attended, trapped in the
basement Sunday school rooms, then I would escape out the window, and as I was running from the church, towards a bright light, I would wake. I had
that same dream several times a week all my life, until I left the churches, and worshipped on my own. Then it suddenly stopped. Now, thinking back on it,
I must be where God wanted me. Running from the hypocrisy towards the truth.
Dave I understand. One of the best men I ever knew refused to step foot in a church. He would do anything for anybody anytime. He ran a small garage and took care of the community. Watched after the widows and needy and wouldn't even let them pay for his services if he thought they didn't have it. He always eximplified to me what it meant to be a Christian Man.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes there is seemingly more and more of that going on preachers going out and partying saturday night then coming in sunday morning and telling people how to live. i am far from perfect but i try my best to live a life in front of other thats pleasing unto the lord.

Dave if thats what you need and you and the lord have a good relationship then thats fine.

G

·
I also left the church a few years back. MEGA CHURCH was their main agenda. As Dave said, many didn't practice what they preached. Especially the pastor. I even had a meeting with him and a few elders and told him this and gave him the dates and times. He claimed he didn't remember anything about it??? I didn't feel a need to stick around.
I feel that I and my family are closer to God now than during the 15 years at the church. My God is an awesome God. I talk with Him throughout the day. Not just at certain times.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have always felt like I could talk to God whenere the need hit me and the girls are following suit, they talk to God about their uncle Steve and our old dog Miranda whenever the mood strikes them. I feel it makes for a more open stronger bond, my Mom was raised Catholic and my Dad southern baptist...they left it up to me and my brothers how we chose to believe and I thank them for that.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I call myself a Christ follower. I go to a Christian non denominational church. The church is not a building or place, its people. It's still important for people to be around others with the same beliefs to strengthen their faith and help them with their daily life.

Many people are disillusioned with "Religion". All of us have issues, because we live in a fallen world. My own daily actions in life are a ministry. (That’s a scary thought at times). Thank God for Grace. The love God has for us is hard for me, a human to comprehend.

·
Registered
320 Posts
General Baptist here, but like Dave I too saw many episodes. My family quit organized church services, but we thank him for everything and pray for others all the time. I don't feel that one should just pray or chat with God on Sunday. It is a 24/7 event. I feel most people today going to church see it as a social gathering spot and do it only for social status. Especially in my small community. Unlike a true christian, they tend to judge others. Just not my cup of tea. I treat everyone equally and fairly regardless of their social status as we are all God's people.

God and I are pretty tight as Dave puts it. He has blessed our family in many ways. He even answered my prayers this week when we found out our son didn't have a blood disease that could have been problematic to him for his entire life. Instead, he has periodic fever which will go away with age and can be treated until then with simple medication. That is the power of prayer my friends.

One request I have for everyone though. We were at Vanderbilt Children's hospital at the cancer portion waiting to see the immunologists. While in the waiting area I was surrounded by children of all ages who were going through Kemo and radiation treatments. My heart just sank looking at how they looked and acted. It appeared life had fast forwarded 60 years and made them into elderly and their actions showed they were very depressed. Not a smile in the room. It was heartbreaking to witness this and made me feel very blessed at what I have (a healthy family). But, the reality of it is that most of those kids wouldn't survive. It really made me wonder on the way home why God would punish these innocent children this way. It clearly made me want to do more for them when I am financially able to. But, money isn't everything. The power of prayer is. Please pray for all those kids who are going through this pain at such a young age. Let God know through the power of prayer we want him to heal them! You really don't understand what they are dealing with until you witness it personally and see for yourself. Pictures and tv ads don't do it justice to how these young kids lives are affected. I have been praying for them every since I witnessed it.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
johndeerefan said:
General Baptist here, but like Dave I too saw many episodes. My family quit organized church services, but we thank him for everything and pray for others all the time. I don't feel that one should just pray or chat with God on Sunday. It is a 24/7 event. I feel most people today going to church see it as a social gathering spot and do it only for social status. Especially in my small community. Unlike a true christian, they tend to judge others. Just not my cup of tea. I treat everyone equally and fairly regardless of their social status as we are all God's people.

God and I are pretty tight as Dave puts it. He has blessed our family in many ways. He even answered my prayers this week when we found out our son didn't have a blood disease that could have been problematic to him for his entire life. Instead, he has periodic fever which will go away with age and can be treated until then with simple medication. That is the power of prayer my friends.

One request I have for everyone though. We were at Vanderbilt Children's hospital at the cancer portion waiting to see the immunologists. While in the waiting area I was surrounded by children of all ages who were going through Kemo and radiation treatments. My heart just sank looking at how they looked and acted. It appeared life had fast forwarded 60 years and made them into elderly and their actions showed they were very depressed. Not a smile in the room. It was heartbreaking to witness this and made me feel very blessed at what I have (a healthy family). But, the reality of it is that most of those kids wouldn't survive. It really made me wonder on the way home why God would punish these innocent children this way. It clearly made me want to do more for them when I am financially able to. But, money isn't everything. The power of prayer is. Please pray for all those kids who are going through this pain at such a young age. Let God know through the power of prayer we want him to heal them! You really don't understand what they are dealing with until you witness it personally and see for yourself. Pictures and tv ads don't do it justice to how these young kids lives are affected. I have been praying for them every since I witnessed it.
Thanks for that Tim ,what a wonderful testomony. That is wonderful to share and remind how bless we are and to call attention to the power of prayer . I believe in the power of prayer . God does answer them . So glad your son is ok and will be sure to ask God for mercy for those children that are going through hard times . Thanks Tim.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
There is great comfort almost like a secure feeling knowing that God does answer prayers, thanks for sharing your story it made me reflect on so much in our lives

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Born and raised a Sourthern Baptist and guess I'll die one. Never did get to hung up on denominations as long as believing in and accepting Jesus as your savior is the way to heaven. I try not to judge people. I figure I'll have to answer for what I have and haven't done and everybody else is going have to do the same. I just think God that through his sons blood I am foregiven.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts