Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Weathermen were calling for 12" of snow Saturday night, so I got the old Road Patrol out from behind the shed, cleaned the plugs and put some fresh gas in the Freon tank and moved it closer to the front of the shed on Friday (a mid-fifties day). It was kinda disappointing that only 6" fell and I didn't even need to bother the old dog with it. So here it sits with the slight accumulation melting away....

Threat of snow is over and gone, weather is to be in the 60's by Friday. The Road Patrol can go back behind the shed and rest until gravel duty this spring. I really need to get the gas tank back on it. The temporary freon tank has been becoming too much of a permanent fixture on it.

By the way, St Louis got 11" to 13" and we being 30 miles south were just riding on the coat tails of the storm and got just a bit over a heavy dusting.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Wendell. that big bad allis just plain scared it away ;) :D . Had the blade on the Massey and it was raring to go, but we only got 6-8" and then the wind blew alot off the drive way :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Glad you didn't get to big a snow but I sure would have liked to have seen some pictures of the Road Patrol at work. Looks like that is the Allis section of your Ponderosa. You got a pretty blue gas tank there in the first pic but it probably wouldn't get it very far I'd say it likes fuel pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
8,540 Posts
Wendell, just an fyi, you do not have to wait for snow to justify playing with your tractors :!: :lol: :idea:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4imnotright said:
Wendell. that big bad allis just plain scared it away ;) :D . Had the blade on the Massey and it was raring to go, but we only got 6-8" and then the wind blew alot off the drive way :D
Yeah Steve, we both dodged the bullet again didn't we....but by golly we were ready for old Mother Nature on both sides of the river !!!

Gordon, the blue gas tank is off of an '81-'82 GS 650 Suzuki. I bought the bike for $25.00 at a pawn shop and sold most for parts. The tank is about all I got left. Plus some other stuff. Got another GS 550 to go pick up, this one is a '78 instead of '77 like the really sharp one. Supposedly the clutch is exploded and case cover is missing is all.
The old WC does suck a bit of petrol, but then it's hard to guage only dumping in a couple gallons at a time into a 30# freon tank. :oops: :oops:

....and I will post some gravel grading pics this summer prwttsh, because the 38 loads from a couple years ago are beat in pretty good now.

Waking up in the morning is a good enough excuse to fire one or the other up and putz around Jim, whether I get anything done or not !!!! :lol: :lol: Most of the time its not !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts