Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gotta pull my fuel tank, alot of rust floating around. manual says to pull off the hood first. gonna try vinegar with nuts and bolts and shake, shake, shake. if i don't get good results, maybe radiator shop

·
Administrator
4,081 Posts
I've cleaned several out like that......years ago. Never had the problem come back yet.
Too bad you don't have another tractor to strap the tank to a wheel and drive around for a bit.
Works good. (y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i talked to a radiator shop, the gentleman there said liquid tide works good too instead of vinegar. he said maybe $100.00 to boil. $200.00 to seal also. hoping nuts and bolt do the trick.i loosened the two bolts at rear of tank and strap across hood. feels like i might be able to wiggle tank out without removing hood? wishful thinking? also found engine # it's 45-1290-G

·
Super Moderator
8,031 Posts
You can jack.up one.side of the tractor, fasten your tank to it, and use a gas tank from another engine off a mower, log splitter, etc. Just strap it to the tractor. I ran a Farmall Cub for months like that with a tank off a B&S tiller engine while I was prepping the tractor for painting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts