Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was getting ready for work when this came over the scanner. It was a fire at my family friend's farm. July heart skipped a beat. My heart sank. I jumped in the truck and did 85 the whole way there. By the time it was over 40 calves dead and a bedding chopper destroyed. It was hard because this is the second tragedy to hit the farm this year. The first one was finding her husband dead in a manure lagoon. Send some prayers guys. I'm down in the dumps.

This was taken during the battle. Every fire dept in a 25 mile radius was there

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
David will be praying that things will get better soon . So sad to hear of this terrible thing happening. Will be praying for all that is involed in this bad thing . Just try to find something good that may come from this . Lean heavy on God.

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
My sympathy and prayers go out to you and your friends.

G

·
0 Posts
Will be praying for the family and you as well Sir. Like Betty says, Lean Heavy on God.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They started cleaning up today. Turns out they have talked out taking the barn down, but the previous generation's father would not take it down. He said take it down after he passed away. Turns out it went the other way. He is still alive and the barn went down before him. Everyone is saying it was electrical

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I found out today that 6 pigs also lost their lives. Dehorning cows in straw is the actual culprit to the fire. A spark flew into the pile and it went up like a box of matchsticks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts