Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to look at a tractor(with a friend, NOT for me) in Pa yesterday. So before the trip I check on CL to see if any thing else might be in that area. As luck would have it I ran across an ad for split weight for a cub tractor. One look told me they weren't for a cub. I meet with the guy yesterday and picked them up. Owner wouldn't budge on price but I never see them come up around here so I bought them. They should make a nice addition to may log puller.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
yep.. I got a set just like that for my 4600. those appear to be the heavy set.. the lighter set are only 35# the heavy set is more like 45-55# yours even had the correct square head bolts. I made mine out of carriage bolts witht he heads ground flat on 2 sides.. :)

soudnguy

·
Registered
27 Posts
So what'd you pay for em? I haven't found any in my area (on CL or Eby) so I was thinking of making my own... Inners & outers - I figured a steel form filled with concrete bolted through the rim. Hauling my firewood and digging with the scoop tends to lift the front end of my 9

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100 bucks
And while we were out there My friend did buy the ran when parked 8n with a howard trans for $850. Only disapointment was that I told him I would have it running for him in less than a half and it took about an hour. Rans good but the wiring is shot and no battery so since it will be a worker it will be converated to 12V.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i love making concrete weights.

easy to do. I've formed up many styles. remeber to embed pipe for bolts to go thru, or embed studs.. wire too..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a 641 that the PO welded a big pipe, about 10" long, to the center around the bolts in the center so he could still get the rim on and off. He ran some bolts thru the disc from the back than with the rim off and laid down he took an 18" sonatube around the pipe and poured concrete. Yes it looked farmerized but with that and semi loaded tires I never got any bobbing with a load in the bucket.

Kirk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
some farmerization are just plain bad and crude like this counterbalance for a missing front wheel.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
fortunately we know, from a safety standpoint.. that he has blocked his axle stop and axle.. and is not relying upon ballance.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts