Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a good sediment bowl assembly now? My local guy has stopped selling them, and I have had problems with the ones my local Napa has. (In fact thats the one Im having problems with now! Shutoff valve issues!)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Most are made in China now. Quality can be good or bad. Most distributors buy from the same places so alot of times no matter who you buy them from they are coming from the same manufacture. It's tuff when you take the time to install one and it doesn't work right. i'd send the bad one back till I got a good one.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peacher79 said:
Most are made in China now. Quality can be good or bad. Most distributors buy from the same places so alot of times no matter who you buy them from they are coming from the same manufacture. It's tuff when you take the time to install one and it doesn't work right. i'd send the bad one back till I got a good one.
Well, the problem with sending it back is its about 3 years old. The problem just started a few days ago. We thought it was stopped up, but after removing it and checking it out thats not the case. You can blow air through it "backwards", but through the inlet it wont always flow, just have to keep turning it different directions until it flows. He has a a cutoff valve and rubber pipe on it now, and he doesnt like it!!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
nobody makes a good one.

tisco ones last about a year till you need to re-oring the valve. then you have to be carefull about the fuel line nut so it don't strip out the housing threads...

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I give up on trying to find a good one. nowdays I put in a small ball valve rite into the bottom of the tank then use a inline filter between it and the carb. the only time I don't is when I get one that HAS to be 100% correct for show then I tell the folks itll have to be changed out in a year or 2. ive had problems findin quality parts for our old tractors for a few years now. I try to stay away from anything tisco or calco. I found an old standard book for ignition stuff and ive found other places for a lot of other parts but cant find anyone that makes a decent sediment bowl yet. another thing that nobody makes with any quality anymore is starter buttons!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
most of the ford and IH valves I see are tisco.. and the zinc/alum/alloy pot metal they use is so soft these days. wish it was brass at least.. then I could solder repair them... easier anyway...

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Don't know if this helps much, but the last two I bought were from Tractor Supply. One is closeby and I needed them in a hurry. So far they have been ok. It is unfortunate that we have to settle for mediocraty
in what was once the greatest country on earth. :(

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one from TS, been on there going on 12 years without a hiccup! I got it there because they were the only one that had one with a dual inlet for my M. May just go back there when I have time to work on it. We finished using the trator for a few weeks, so maybe we can get it fixed the way the onwer wants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts