Antique Tractors Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think these are the original decals. I have been around this tractor for 45 years or so and always thought it was a Super C. Regardless, the model on the nameplate and the number of serial number digits do not seem to match. I am not where the tractor is right now but am sure it has a water pump.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Post some pics when you can of it focusing on its complete clutch and brake pedals and the fan and area behind it. Near the upper front corner of the block above the governor there is a flat spot with a stamped block number. It will be very close to the same serial number on the tag if it has the original engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jim in NC,

Attached are pictures of my Super C I mentioned in my earlier posting. The decals are not visible now but I remember them as showing as a Super C. It does have the water pump so it must be the Super C from what you said earlier. I did include a picture of the nameplate that shows a model of FC which seems like it should be FSC since this is a Super C. The 6 digit serial number also confirms it being a Super C.

The block number looks like 354898XX. I cannot see the last 2 digits due to them being behind parts of the tractor.

So my question is why does the nameplate show FC when this is a FSC?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
535631_423817667633246_1710349636_n.jpg This was my Super C it s a 1952 with water pump and Jim if I remember my serial no was FC Not FSC. Maybe that was how they did it some years. Super C replaced the C in 1951 until stopped in 1954. A little more hp than C which was replaced with the 200.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
From what I have read, and just learned, Super C blocks did not closely line up with their serial numbers unlike many other Farmall letter series models. Also serial number plate pics on the net for Super C tractors show the FC designation. You might find more info at the Wisconsin Historical Society website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your help Jim and Stephancity. Obviously you spent some time checking for me and I appreciate it. I was kinda hoping I had a unique million dollar tractor here but guess not. LOL!

The information about the block and serial numbers being similar will be of help to me. I have a Farmall Cub that is missing the serial number plate. If the block number is similar that should help me find the year of that one.

Thanks again for the help. I am looking forward to the restoration projects and this forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
View attachment 19448 This was my Super C it s a 1952 with water pump and Jim if I remember my serial no was FC Not FSC. Maybe that was how they did it some years. Super C replaced the C in 1951 until stopped in 1954. A little more hp than C which was replaced with the 200.
A local dairy that was replaced by McMansions used either a C or SC alot, especially to rake hay. If I was younger and has an abundance of shed space I would contemplate adding one here. With farmland nearby becoming an endangered species though I do not see the need. The two point hitch and equipment would be handy if they could be found.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for the list of serial numbers. Looks like my F14 probably came out of the factory late 1938 around end of November / early December
IMG_1618.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice looking F-14. I have always wanted one of those or an f-20 in my collection, but have not ran up on the right one at the right time yet. My Wife has put the brakes on my tractor buying at the moment. So, maybe someday when I catch her not looking :)

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
I like it John!(y)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts