Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alway check you paint on some srap metal before you paint the good stuff even if the numbers are the same.
This past fall I was moving around wieght on my 950 for a pull and decided to take the front wheel weights off. I use the New Holland grey enamal 39/62 from the dealer. I wanted to paint the front rims without set up the gun so I told my friend who was picking up parts at the dealer to pick me up a couple of rattle cans. I even gave him a label off the old can so he got the right stuff. He came back and they had changed the label but still had all the same info on it so no biggie or so I though until I srayed it. The photo is of my rear wheel and front wheel I sprayed with new can both are New Holland grey 39/62. The front looks like the later light grey from the 60's. I returned it and they replaced it with the right stuff and said they must have got a bad batch. So much for New Holland's QC.

G

·
I've yet to find any spray cans to match Qts. or Gallons of the same brand. TSC or Ford. Always a noticable difference. Most of what I buy is simular to your rear rims. I'm not fond of the lighter color.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron,
I too have seen shade difference between sray can and Qts and gallons but I wasn't talking about Qts & gallons. This was rattle can to rattle can. And I also agree I too am not a fan of the lighter grey. A frend of mine has his NAA done with the lighter grey. Told him it looks like ford's impersonation of the farmall white demo.
Kirk

G

·
Rattle to rattle???????? Hmmmmmmmm haven't had that issue unless there was a couple years in between purchases. Normally I try to buy gallons from the same supplier and have them mix up a rattle can for me as well for the small tight and hidden spots before spraying. That seems to work fine but not if I buy it from TSC or Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts