Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fish wrapper says maybee rain tomorrow eveing.

May drag the seeder out and mount on the 4000 and put out some gulf annual rye.

G

·
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Up here it would stick to the frost pretty good :lol: :lol: :lol: Though I did plant a small pot of alfalfa in the house. Growning good. Sits right next to the rabbits cage. In a few weeks I'm sure he'll be sleepin with his nose stuck through the cage ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't know this to be true.. but I hear those tanning bed lamps that make uv.. well..they wear out and don't produce as much light after a couple months.. and then the tanner operators toss them even though they still work, as they sell bed time in 15m slots. I 'hear' those lamps that are near used up work ok... a buddy of a buddy of an aquaintence who has a girlfriend that owns a tannery told me that. :) ;)

G

·
soundguy said:
i don't know this to be true.. but I hear those tanning bed lamps that make uv.. well..they wear out and don't produce as much light after a couple months.. and then the tanner operators toss them even though they still work, as they sell bed time in 15m slots. I 'hear' those lamps that are near used up work ok... a buddy of a buddy of an aquaintence who has a girlfriend that owns a tannery told me that. :) ;)
Tanning beds aren't working well yet we still sell time on them???? Not in this country :lol: :lol:
I can pick up 4' grow lite bulbs from the big hardware stores pretty cheap. Once we build our garage I may get some to start seeds in the shed. Would be perfect since its heated.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thought I was the only one that started seeds and bulb sets indoors and then moved them outside. :) great mnds think alike!

G

·
soundguy said:
i thought I was the only one that started seeds and bulb sets indoors and then moved them outside. :) great mnds think alike!
Haven't done it before but since I been hangin around with you I thought it would be a great idea :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
So, uh, what kinds a seeds yall plantin'? Last time I heard anything about grow lights, the local sheriffs office was involved!

G

·
John M said:
So, uh, what kinds a seeds yall plantin'? Last time I heard anything about grow lights, the local sheriffs office was involved!
Nothing to worry about. Sherrif sold me the seeds. Came in tied up baggie corners :? :?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, the guessers moved tonights rain back till tuesday night.

still, i pulled the 660 out of the way and hitched the broadcast seeder onto the 4000.. got the gearbox and cutoff plate lubed and smooth.. cleaned the pto shaft.. greasd all u joints and fittings onthe tractor.. everythings ready.. just need signs of rain and i can put grass seed out. :)

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I've started plants indoors for years, and have yet to see a difference in growth using Grow lights or cool white.
I have friends who do flowers and they say to get them to bloom you need correct light.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Chris up here should of planted seed yesterday as while in church heard it
pouring down. we have an 1/2 in .

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tomorrow evening ( tuesday ).. and some of wednesday is now listed at 20% chance to rain.. ugh... :(

10% the rest of the week.

hope this is not gonna be another dry weather.. horses are not likeing going onto hay ... ( cows don't seem to care! )

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
woke up this am ( woo-hoo! :) ) and it was a lil grey outside and overcast. I'm not feeling too hot.. but took myself to work till lunch, then came home.

decided i might as well be usefull and miserable, so i loaded up some feed and hay for the cows, mule and pigs... as I was about to leave i felt a lil sprinkle.

I have been waiting for rain for weeks now to put out some grass seed. a quickcheck of the weather showed a 60% chance for today and tomorrow.. so I tookt he bait. hopped on the 4000 which was parked and ready to go with seeder on the back, loaded and proceded to put out 100# of seed.

went on to feed the caws.. etc.

about an hour ago, I was rewarded with a very light rain.

wasn't much to speak of.. but it made the ground wet. we haven't had any since mid october! if we get a lil tomorrow.. it will be nice!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Glad you got some rain and got the seed sowed.
Our gauge said 3inches & 1/10 in it for the last couple days.
Hope you get more tomorrow and that you feel better . :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
was suposed to get some today.. but it is clear.. maybee some in a few days.

it didn't rain hard yesterday.. but a steady misting and drizzle.

soemtimes that's better.. doesn't lift and wash seed to fencerows..

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Chis ,you probanly got enought to get the seed started ,hopefully

1 - 20 of 25 Posts