Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
passed by the house today on the way from one work assignment to another.. had a hour to kill.. decided to roll up the sleeves and beat on the old tractor a lil bit. Namely try to remove some of the tin and get it into the shop for some beautification... while taking it apart I'm continually reminded of the odd shortcuts and temp fixes that become permanent fixes and whatnot that get perpatrated on these old beasts day in and day out.
bits of bailing wire or nails poked in a screw hole and bent over to keep a tin on or as a hinge..

plastic oil cap tubes that have a 32" run, but you only have 31.5" of it so you stretch and bend it at the flare joints so it is tight and leaks a drip at both sides when running.

loosing the proper shouldered hinge bolt for the tilting hood, and instead of putting a hex head bolt and nut on so that the next poor fool coult take it apart, you use some sort of odd dome headed bolt with no shoulder and runt he nut on it, and now it sets there forever and spins as you try to remove it from the back side of the hood, arm at a funny angle with a wrench or long reach deep well socket... finally having to grind the heads off.. grind a screwdriver slot in it.. cut the head off, or tack weld a nut to the head to get it out..

:)

G

·
0 Posts
The joys of Farmerizations. Sometimes ya just have to stand back and laugh. Its the only way to keep from gettin too frustrated. I'm sure you could write a book on these deals with all the toys you've played with.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Might have to after You post and go back to previous page need to scroll to the bottom of the page and see if You are subscribed to the thread

G

·
0 Posts
mgood said:
Don't think the automatic subscriptions been gotten to yet
Go to "user control panel" up under board index
Click on the "Board Preferences" tab
Click on "Edit Posting Defaults"
Check "YES" on "Notify me upon replies by default"
Click on Submit

Now you will get the e-mail notifications.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep.. i finally found them myself.

now if I could just stay logged in.. have had to log in 3 times today.. :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and i do have cookies enabled, and auto login enabled...

hmm.. maybee they are doing maint that is kicking us out? wouldn't be surprised..

G

·
0 Posts
soundguy said:
yep.. i finally found them myself.

now if I could just stay logged in.. have had to log in 3 times today.. :)

Hmmmmmmmmm Mine hasn't kicked out. Auto logs in everytime so far.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
petra79 said:
mgood said:
Don't think the automatic subscriptions been gotten to yet
Go to "user control panel" up under board index
Click on the "Board Preferences" tab
Click on "Edit Posting Defaults"
Check "YES" on "Notify me upon replies by default"
Click on Submit

Now you will get the e-mail notifications.
You are 'DA MAN' , Ron. Thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts