Antique Tractors Forum banner

Skidding timber

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Sugarmaker 
#1 ·
Yesterday I got out on the 4000 Ind and skidded out some timber. With weather in the 60's it was Just a nice fall day to put the old tractor to work. Due to some knee surgery I'm behind in getting the wood shed filled so it's good to start catching up. The front wheel weights also help considerably.

See less See more
#8 ·
Kirk,
Hope the knee is progressing well. For some reason I cant see the picture/s of the wheel weights? May just be the small lap top I am on?
I need to get out and do something! Been couped up with this rainy weather the past week.
Wood lot of yours looks nice! some good deer hunting I bet!
Regards,
Chris

#9 ·
I can post some better photos of the wheel weights, if you need them, at a later date. We are still without power here and with limited use of the generator because of the long gas lines I only checking emails and on the computer every three days or so.
Deer hunting is good although I haven't been out yet. The bucks have started to rut and are moving the doe. Had them chasing thru the yard. I haven't seen a shooter yet.
BTW it pays to keep your tractors full of gas. Easier to drain out than stand in a gas line for 2-3 hours. Drove to Pa the other day to get gas with no line.

Kirk

#12 ·
Kirk-NJ said:
I can post some better photos of the wheel weights, if you need them, at a later date. We are still without power here and with limited use of the generator because of the long gas lines I only checking emails and on the computer every three days or so.
Deer hunting is good although I haven't been out yet. The bucks have started to rut and are moving the doe. Had them chasing thru the yard. I haven't seen a shooter yet.
BTW it pays to keep your tractors full of gas. Easier to drain out than stand in a gas line for 2-3 hours. Drove to Pa the other day to get gas with no line.

Kirk
Good to hear your still there. :D Kindda figured you were sans power. Hope they get you back up and running soon.
After the ice storm in 2009, we were on limited generator power for ten days, and some folks as much as three weeks.
The folks who were screaming about not having electricity, had no idea what it takes to replace and repair poles and lines.
I thought they did a great job of getting power restored after such an area wide disaster, and this one was more widespread than that.
We'll keep your spot warm 'till you get everything back to sorta normal. 'Till then enjoy the deer meat roasted over an open flame. ;)

#13 ·
Kirk,
The picture problem was the screen size on the Lil-bity lap top.
I see the entire tractor now and the weights look good.
Yes keeping reserve gas during a storm like Sandy would be a real plus.
Hope things are getting a little better,.
Regards,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.