Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
4,804 Posts
It's a cute little thing. :cool:
There was a plethora of companies and individuals building things like this in the late 40s through the 60s. A lot of them just sold locally so it may be hard to track down if it was commercially made.
This one has design and fabrication that wouldn't surprise me if it was a one-of-a-kind garage built unit. I have searched my resources and not found anything close...yet.

·
Administrator
4,804 Posts
It may surprise you what some folks can make with the right metal fabrication tools in their shop.
With a lathe, mill, breaker, and roller lots of things can be made that one would swear were factory production parts.
All I see on the machine is straight cut channel, angle, flat stock, and round rod. Could be some factory manufactured parts from other things repurposed out of a scrap pile so it didn't have to be made. Nothing on it looks hard to make and the blade mount screams shopmade. I remember seeing plans for such things for sale in magazines. One could even build their own airplane from plans bought from comic book ads. Just my opinion from what I see in the photos.

If it fits in the back of a real pickup truck (8' long bed) then it's "cute".
Doesn't matter what one does to try to beef it up. It'll still be cute. Big is "tough." ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts