Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a total of 8 tenth from the rains Saturday and Sunday evenings. About 5 miles west of me got 8 inches. We could use more than 8 tenth, but not 8 inches. Came down in about 3 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
4imnotright said:
got a total of 8 tenth from the rains Saturday and Sunday evenings. About 5 miles west of me got 8 inches. We could use more than 8 tenth, but not 8 inches. Came down in about 3 1/2 hours.
We had a fairly good soaker just hours before you got yours Steve. Apparently we left a little moisture up there as it crossed the ol Mississippi for Illinois.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
We had a fairly good soaker just hours before you got yours Steve. Apparently we left a little moisture up there as it crossed the ol Mississippi for Illinois.[/quote]
We finally got a nice steady rain here too!! We have been a lot luckier here though than what I here on the news than you guys. about the time we start to get concerned we would get a little just enough to keep things going.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
3,965 Posts
Glad you all got some needed rain. :) None here for 34 days and counting. :|

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
We had some light showers, but too much fell just a few miles away. 3 to 4 inches in an hour caused flooding and several accidents. Also, 5-6000 people were without power.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rain we got in our area has been pretty sporatic. One place might get 1/2 inch and a 1/2 mile in any direction could get several inches.

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Just saw a neighbor across the holler and he said he had .25 inches last night. It did not rain enuff here to flatten 4 wheeler tracks made in the sand yesterday.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
Hows the creek doin on water?? Gettin enough out of there still??

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Had another light shower today as the heavier stuff went by to the south. Ifn one had stayed out during the rain, he might have gotten damp in a few spots.

·
Administrator
3,965 Posts
petra79 said:
BigDaveinKY said:
Hows the creek doin on water?? Gettin enough out of there still??
Still tricklin' along. ;) As I'm only about a mile where the two streams come together to start the creek. Tricklin' is about all I get this time of year.
Well, more like late August pool right now. Most of the spring fed feeder branches including the one on my property dried up a few weeks ago.
I built a 6"x6" screened intake cage to keep trash out of the pump, and I may have to resize it to 3"x3" if we don't get some good rain soon to keep the end of the line in the water.
Wait a minute, I've got a backhoe now. :? Ok, I may need to find an easy way to get the backhoe to where I need it, to dig a deeper hole for my intake. ;)
On the other hand, north of here where the streams start got some good rain over the past few days, so maybe that will keep the creek tricklin' good. :D

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Here in the northeast we are about 6 inches above normal. June was very wet with about 2 inches per week.

We finally are getting some drier weather. So we might have a summer this July.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
The state just declared the tri county (Henderson, Union And Webster) Area a disaster area because of the drought.
The weather guessers continue to forcast rain though.
Maybee if they would forcast no rain?

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Our predicted week-long wet spell has yielded about a half inch of rain in my immediate area. Move to the south, southeast, southwest, and east from 5 to 25 miles it all changes. Lots of areas have had 3 to 6 inches. Maybe too much for some of those places, but much of it has fallen on concrete and asphalt, and I am sure the city water sellers are happy to have had their reservoirs filled to overflowing. It is not to wet to cultivate my veggie plots or work land. Tobacco close by has not had enough water to come out of its stressed condition..

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Well we finally got to smell the rain .Got 3/10. Well not complaining rained all around . We just got the tailend.

G

·
0 Posts
Nothing since the 4/10 we got saturday but with the new well everything is getting a good drink. No call for rain in the 7 day forcast but some 20%er's and we're headed back to the upper 90's again ???

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we got about a 20 minute rain this evening. Haven't gone out to the rain gauge yet.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It has set in here for the day - raining straight down we need it 3 miles away yesterday it rained 2 1/2 inches not a drop here but today a soaker has started ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
caseman said:
It has set in here for the day - raining straight down we need it 3 miles away yesterday it rained 2 1/2 inches not a drop here but today a soaker has started ;)

Happy for you JR. Ifn you get enuff, send some this way :!:

·
Administrator
3,965 Posts
We got a bit yesterday afternoon, and what Caseman is getting gave us enough drizzle to wet the pavement a few minutes ago, as it skirted off just to the east.
After 36 dry hot sunny days, just a bit of moisture, and cloud cover is a welcome relief. It's 10:30 a.m. and 70 not 85 degrees. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts