Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Remember the good old days...relaxing on the front porch in the shade, cool glass of water in your aluminum tumbler... brushing off the occcasional fly that tickled your arm....This old glider was given to me by a family friend a while back. All rusted up anywhere that the 5 or 6 coats of paint were peeling off, she said she'd just love to see it put back to its former glory. MrsMassey had found 10 yards of this covering at a yard sale real cheap. For a Mother's day gift last year I sandblasted, primed and painted it in her chosen colors and had new cushions made out of 4" foam by a neighbor lady.

There are two more end cushions I haven't brought back out yet this spring. Now we can relax on the porch just like the good old days...now, where IS my tumbler full of sweet tea....?? :D :D (For all you youngsters out there 40 and under, 'aluminum tumblers' were very popular in the late 50's early 60's. Red, green, blue, silver etc. Wash 'em and rinse in hot water, and if you stacked them on top of each other, it'd take the strength of a gorilla to separate them). Hmmm.. the good old days...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice job I love them to sit and barly move back and forth. You did a great job.. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Nope, not old enough to remeber them :roll: But ya done a sweeeeeeeet job on that glider Sir. Well done :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I used them 'luminum glasses' many times in my youth. I also rember the gliders and almost everyone that had a yard or porch had one. I always watch for wasp nests on them. They loved the gliders too :!: :roll:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AG135 said:
I remember those, and for those that dont

[attachment=0:125e46vm]ColorCraftTumblers.jpg[/attachment:125e46vm]
That is amazing. I haven't seen them in years and sure didn't think anyone would have a set !!! For sure didn't know you could still buy them !! :shock: :shock:
Thanks for the kind comments on the glider, guys...MrsMassey was sure happy with it...and Betty you can come sit on our porch anytime, we will reserve a spot right in the middle for YOU !!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
They bring top dollar at auctions

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
missouri massey man said:
AG135 said:
I remember those, and for those that dont

[attachment=0:3tdpvoqh]ColorCraftTumblers.jpg[/attachment:3tdpvoqh]
That is amazing. I haven't seen them in years and sure didn't think anyone would have a set !!! For sure didn't know you could still buy them !! :shock: :shock:
Thanks for the kind comments on the glider, guys...MrsMassey was sure happy with it...and Betty you can come sit on our porch anytime, we will reserve a spot right in the middle for YOU !!! :D :D
Thanks Wendell I would of like to have done that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Nice job on the glider. Never had one, always a porch swing.
I do still have some aluminium tumblers that I brought home when we settled Mom's things.
And yer right. Never stack 'em wet. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
That looks really good, well done the both of you hope you get many happy hours sat on it... any chance of a slice of lemon in my tea lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts