Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I've ever watched a gyrocopter sell. I think it went cheap. The auctioneer tells me that he has sold aircraft before but not one of these. I had to go see it sell.

·
Super Moderator
1,551 Posts
You wouldn't catch me flying in one of those.

·
Administrator
4,107 Posts
There's at least one that flies around here. I always thought one would be fun to have.
It would have saved lots of time and traffic headaches on the 60 mile commute. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You wouldn't catch me flying in one of those.
If I could have gotten one when I was young I would have given it a go but now I've lost my fascination with high places and prefer to be close to the ground.

I remember when ultralight airplanes became popular years ago, my uncle discouraged us from getting one. He told my brother and I that if we wanted to fly we would be far safer in an airplane. He was in the air force for 8 years and owned his own airplane so he knew what he was talking about. He recently sold his airplane because he felt he was getting too old to fly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's at least one that flies around here. I always thought one would be fun to have.
It would have saved lots of time and traffic headaches on the 60 mile commute. ;)
As long as the weather conditions were favorable and you had a place to land.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts