Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My SIL, Mike, stopped by an auction the other day and couldn't resist the impulse to grant me another gift in trade for me granting him permission to marry my oldest daughter 9 years, 7 months and 15 days ago....and HERE it is !!!! :D :D :D

Being married to my little girl necessitates a great deal of frugality on his part, so I KNOW he got it cheap. :shock: :shock:

I feel HONORED that he would spend $25.00 of his hard earned "rat-hole" money just to make his grouchy father-in-law happy....but I would never tell him so... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It'd been stored in a shed for a undetermined number of years, but it has definitely been a long time. No matter, I tinkered with the carb linkage with needlenose (note the broken throttle cable), dumped in a quart of liquid gold (gasoline), tapped on the carb a bit, sprayed a little wd-40 down the sparkplug hole and tugged the rope and she popped !!! AHA !!!!!
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/MissouriMasseyMan/Broken%20Kubota%20and%20Bolens%20Garden%20Tractor/BrokenKubota
Made sure there was oil in the crankcase and within 20 minutes, was chugging up the roadway to my SIL's house grinning from ear to ear.
[img]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/MissouriMasseyMan/Broken%20Kubota%20and%20Bolens%20Garden%20Tractor/BrokenKubotaandAntiqueGardenTractor012.jpg
Even got a handy-dandy Bolens 10" plow to go with it !!!

I just knew I recognized the control bar...went to another storage building and hanging right from the rafter is an identical control assembly with a perfect knob to replace this broken one. Further proof that you should NEVER under any circumstance THROW any thing away... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Little biddy old Kohler motor must be bullet proof to still run as smooth as it does....Anybody got a clue how old this is ??? Now if I can just keep my SIL
convinced about how much he still owes me for letting him into the family.... :D :D :D

·
Administrator
3,956 Posts
Now I just wonder what you do to keep him thinking he has to shower you with gifts to keep in your good graces. :? Good idea though. ;)
I spent a lot of time walking behind one like that growing up. Finally built me a sulky to ride behind it when I had the cycle bar mower on front.
Mid 50s is the time frame for them, the one Dad had was a '55.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
SILwasn't so smart .............Wendell you will fix that up and give Mike the job to walk behind it :shock: :shock: :? :? :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Dag Gone I must do something really wrong Mine are always borrowing my stuff and forget to bring it back :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: Nice play toy though!!!!!!
Mike, we might have the same one :!: :( :eek: :lol: :?

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Sorry Wendell. About the tractor, VERY COOL :!: A sulky would be very nice :!:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bettyp said:
SILwasn't so smart .............Wendell you will fix that up and give Mike the job to walk behind it :shock: :shock: :? :? :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:
Yes ma'am, MissBetty, you are correct....He should have maybe picked up the 40 hp four wheel drive loader tractor instead.....it'd be easier on him in the long run !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding, of course. But I am very lucky in the choices my children have made in spouses. :D :D :D

Red Kiwi said:
Now I just wonder what you do to keep him thinking he has to shower you with gifts to keep in your good graces.
That's what I was thinking, what's the secret.?!!
A cold and steely-eyed threat that his mother-in-law may be wanting to move into their basement..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Works every time !!!!

Now Jim, about that sulky....one is on the way, compliments of my daughter-in-law... ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts