Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 52 JD 60 ran good till I had to replace the float put carb back on and won’t start had carb rebuilt put bsck on and still won’t start! Any suggestions???

·
Super Moderator
8,444 Posts
Forgive me for asking but do you have the fuel urned on at the sediment bowl valve? I have taught myself that a tractor will not run if the valve is closed. I try really hard to shut off all fuel on my gas tractors when they are parked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the fuel is turned on I have the habit of shutting it off every time I shut tractor off so it is always the first thing I turn on when I start the tractor

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you certain fuel is flowing into the bowl? Had 1 stick closed on me and not allow fuel into carb.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I took the drain out of bowl and gas ran out like it was from a garden hose

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
Only thing can think of is go back and check over what you did.
What comes to mind first is have you checked the float adjustment or tried tweaking it a bit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know if the 60 has one on it but on my dads 2010 there is a carburetor fuel inlet elbow and strainer assembly that plugged. Fuel comes out the line but that plugged strainer prevents it from getting into the carb. Just a thought for your consideration

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ll have to check that but I don’t think there is one but I thank you for the idea

·
Registered
431 Posts
I will add, Make sure your float needle is not sticking or stuck in there. Sometimes those new float needles are prone to stick. I have had to change back to my old float needle, because the new one would stick, and cut off the gas, once the float pushed it closed on one carb i have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you I have tried everything suggested so far and still can not get the tractor running

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fuel, Air, Spark.

You're missing at least 1 somewhere.

Put some fuel in a squirt bottle, pull plugs, squirt a bit in each hole and reinstall plugs. Try starting it.

If nothing, spark or compression [timing] is missing

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
Cal M

RacerX said:
Will it start with ether sprayed in carb?

No I did start when I put gas in the cylinder but wouldn’t stay running
This makes go back to the carb rebuild.
If it would start with gas put in the cylinder and not with either sprayed in the intake.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I've known of it happening.
Did you stuff a rag in the intake deep enough outta sight to keep things out and then forget about it?
What about air leaks where the carb mounts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts