Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting taking her apart and found something I didnt want to see, a cracked exhaust manifold :( Can that be repaired??

Here is the culprit :x

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Does not "appear" to need much. What are you planning doing with it? Complete restore, clean up, paint?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean up and paint for a friend, its not my tractor

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
The biggest problem for doing that for me would be getting those rims cleaned up. :(

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It dont have to be perfect just prettier so I will do my best with a wire wheel and a drill :lol: the expense of breaking them down and blasting them is out of his check book range

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to get the manifold fixed or get another, oil change, tune up, front end stuff , and then a paint up job for the new owner....shes likes pretty tractors :lol:

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Those manifolds are available, I don't know the price.\
I have seen them brazed, but it looks bad.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BruceG34 said:
Those manifolds are available, I don't know the price.\
I have seen them brazed, but it looks bad.
Thanks Bruce, I started looking and Steiner has them for about 70 bucks, I will look into brazing it first but ultimately its my friends tractor and his choice

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
oldman1151 said:
The biggest problem for doing that for me would be getting those rims cleaned up. :(
I missed the cracked manifold. :oops:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i doubt the brazing will hold up if on an exposed surface. if it is on the flange connected to the block.. maybee.. etc..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
soundguy said:
i doubt the brazing will hold up if on an exposed surface. if it is on the flange connected to the block.. maybee.. etc..
The owner just had me order a new one, he didnt want to take a chance of put it back on and it still leaking

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
good idead.

I've seen brazes on the pips sections blow out.. also in the iner exhaust port area too.. the outter flanges usually hold.. but if he was able to afford new.. thats way better!

good to hear!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
soundguy said:
good idead.

I've seen brazes on the pips sections blow out.. also in the iner exhaust port area too.. the outter flanges usually hold.. but if he was able to afford new.. thats way better!

good to hear!
Mark is a great friend of mine but he does funny stuff sometimes....he spends money on stuff he wants not stuff he needs :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i know many people like that.

they will call and ask for a ride to work because they don't have gas.. but they have the latest cell phone.. or bought extra tv programming... :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
soundguy said:
i know many people like that.

they will call and ask for a ride to work because they don't have gas.. but they have the latest cell phone.. or bought extra tv programming... :)
He doesnt evevn want me to fix the radius rods cause hes afraid i'll break them! :lol:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
soundguy said:
and they are actually pretty easy to fix too
!
I showed him all the pics! he just wants me to check the bearings and make sure noting is gonna fall off...in his words :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I know little stuff adds up but these aren't big ticket items. Fix it and then you have a good tractor that will last for years.

Kirk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kirk-NJ said:
I know little stuff adds up but these aren't big ticket items. Fix it and then you have a good tractor that will last for years.

Kirk
Thats what I keep trying to tell him but I think he is comfortable that I will help him no matter what, we have worked together for almost 14 years and over the last 3 i have helped him pick out his MF2200 and keep it in shape for his property clearing house building projects. He is okay with the idea that if it breaks I will help him fix it....not to much or a preventative maintenance guy :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts