Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective at 5PM Saturday Illinois will be under a stay at home order. Don't know all the and if's and what far, But we'll still be able to go to the grocery store, and pharmacy, hospital and doctor visits. Like said this is not the official list. We have been doing this for the last couple of weeks, But being retireed, the main job that Diane & I have is aggrevating each other.

Oliverguy, are you going to get to stay home also?

·
Super Moderator
7,740 Posts
Effective at 5PM Saturday Illinois will be under a stay at home order. Don't know all the and if's and what far, But we'll still be able to go to the grocery store, and pharmacy, hospital and doctor visits. Like said this is not the official list. We have been doing this for the last couple of weeks, But being retireed, the main job that Diane & I have is aggrevating each other.

Oliverguy, are you going to get to stay home also?
Its gonna get worse before it gets better. If farmers cannot get to feed, seed, and their preferred supply stores, they and I are gonna have many tough rows to hoe. I am waiting on ordered fertilizer now, and could possibly be prevented from going to get it. I also wondered today if livestock sale markets will shut down. With empty food shelves it is risky to shut down our food supply.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim right now that's not a problem here, but they might tighten the restrictions

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It depends, I personally think this thing is over blown. I've been home from work since I got back from Arizona. I really dont see going back until April 7. Thats a long time for me to stay home.

·
Super Moderator
1,481 Posts
Here in NZ we are in total lock down apart from the essential services that are allowed to stay open. Farmers are listed as one of the essential services , they are our bread basket.
New Zealand, agriculture is the largest sector of the tradable economy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Only essential services still on in Toronto. Who can, works from home. We stay home as much as possible, but yesterday we really needed some fresh fruits and veggies so went to the supermarket. There were people, but no crowd, that's for sure. I'm taking this seriously, have disinfectant wipes in the car and wear gloves. I try to be careful not to touch my face. When I got home I wiped/disinfected all plastic packaging, changed my clothes, and washed my hands and face really well. It's a pain, but this thing spreads easily by touch, and I don't want to see anyone in my family sick. Stay safe everyone! I'm looking forward to June!

·
Super Moderator
7,740 Posts
Stay at home status went into effect here yesterday evening here. Most of places we need to go are considered necessary services and are open. While spreading fertilizer today at my daughter's home, it was easy to notice that traffic was much less. Some folks went by as normal, and other folks slowed when they got closer to the guy on a tractor in the field. They must have been pretty bored.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Va, is pretty much shut down now. Schools ets closed for the year etc. Even Dr, have gone to video visits. Sorta crazy since almost all the infections are in the DC area with a few outbreaks elsewhere. Oh well this too will pass. All stay safe.

·
Administrator
3,892 Posts
We have been under our "safe at home" order for just about two weeks now here in KY.
It's a sad day when Police and National Guardsmen are stopping children from playing at a playground.
Our new Governor has strictly adhered to the CDC guidelines as soon as they are suggested.
It's gotta be rough for something like this to happen just a month into your new job of running a state.
It won't surprise if before this is over we will have roadblocks stopping folks and asking where they are going to or coming from.
If I were one of the thousands who suddenly found themselves out of a job, I would most likely have a very bitter attitude about the situation.

·
Super Moderator
7,740 Posts
We now have a statewide stay at home order. Local county and municipal stay at home orders have been modified to match the state order. I am not sure how this will work, but the possibility of being criminally charged and prosecuted is a reality.

·
Administrator
3,892 Posts
The Governor of KY just ordered anyone who travels out of state to visit be self-quarantined for two weeks upon return.
Now, how this could be enforced is beyond me.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (March 30, 2020) – Gov. Andy Beshear on Monday issued an order to limit Kentuckians’ out-of-state travel and offered a 10-step plan to fight the spread of the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The decree allows for a range of exemptions, including travel to other states for work and groceries, to care for loved ones, to obtain health care and when required by a court order. Kentuckians arriving back in the commonwealth from out of state are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Doesn't this seem like something out of an old 1950s, B rated, science fiction movie?

With all the craziness in the world right now.......this would be a good place to be for the next few months or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts