Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective at 5PM Saturday Illinois will be under a stay at home order. Don't know all the and if's and what far, But we'll still be able to go to the grocery store, and pharmacy, hospital and doctor visits. Like said this is not the official list. We have been doing this for the last couple of weeks, But being retireed, the main job that Diane & I have is aggrevating each other.

Oliverguy, are you going to get to stay home also?

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Effective at 5PM Saturday Illinois will be under a stay at home order. Don't know all the and if's and what far, But we'll still be able to go to the grocery store, and pharmacy, hospital and doctor visits. Like said this is not the official list. We have been doing this for the last couple of weeks, But being retireed, the main job that Diane & I have is aggrevating each other.

Oliverguy, are you going to get to stay home also?
Its gonna get worse before it gets better. If farmers cannot get to feed, seed, and their preferred supply stores, they and I are gonna have many tough rows to hoe. I am waiting on ordered fertilizer now, and could possibly be prevented from going to get it. I also wondered today if livestock sale markets will shut down. With empty food shelves it is risky to shut down our food supply.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim right now that's not a problem here, but they might tighten the restrictions

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
It depends, I personally think this thing is over blown. I've been home from work since I got back from Arizona. I really dont see going back until April 7. Thats a long time for me to stay home.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Here in NZ we are in total lock down apart from the essential services that are allowed to stay open. Farmers are listed as one of the essential services , they are our bread basket.
New Zealand, agriculture is the largest sector of the tradable economy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Only essential services still on in Toronto. Who can, works from home. We stay home as much as possible, but yesterday we really needed some fresh fruits and veggies so went to the supermarket. There were people, but no crowd, that's for sure. I'm taking this seriously, have disinfectant wipes in the car and wear gloves. I try to be careful not to touch my face. When I got home I wiped/disinfected all plastic packaging, changed my clothes, and washed my hands and face really well. It's a pain, but this thing spreads easily by touch, and I don't want to see anyone in my family sick. Stay safe everyone! I'm looking forward to June!

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Stay at home status went into effect here yesterday evening here. Most of places we need to go are considered necessary services and are open. While spreading fertilizer today at my daughter's home, it was easy to notice that traffic was much less. Some folks went by as normal, and other folks slowed when they got closer to the guy on a tractor in the field. They must have been pretty bored.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Va, is pretty much shut down now. Schools ets closed for the year etc. Even Dr, have gone to video visits. Sorta crazy since almost all the infections are in the DC area with a few outbreaks elsewhere. Oh well this too will pass. All stay safe.

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
We have been under our "safe at home" order for just about two weeks now here in KY.
It's a sad day when Police and National Guardsmen are stopping children from playing at a playground.
Our new Governor has strictly adhered to the CDC guidelines as soon as they are suggested.
It's gotta be rough for something like this to happen just a month into your new job of running a state.
It won't surprise if before this is over we will have roadblocks stopping folks and asking where they are going to or coming from.
If I were one of the thousands who suddenly found themselves out of a job, I would most likely have a very bitter attitude about the situation.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
We now have a statewide stay at home order. Local county and municipal stay at home orders have been modified to match the state order. I am not sure how this will work, but the possibility of being criminally charged and prosecuted is a reality.

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
The Governor of KY just ordered anyone who travels out of state to visit be self-quarantined for two weeks upon return.
Now, how this could be enforced is beyond me.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (March 30, 2020) – Gov. Andy Beshear on Monday issued an order to limit Kentuckians’ out-of-state travel and offered a 10-step plan to fight the spread of the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The decree allows for a range of exemptions, including travel to other states for work and groceries, to care for loved ones, to obtain health care and when required by a court order. Kentuckians arriving back in the commonwealth from out of state are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Doesn't this seem like something out of an old 1950s, B rated, science fiction movie?

With all the craziness in the world right now.......this would be a good place to be for the next few months or so.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Regulations concerning the amount of shoppers that can be in a store that is open will be tightened by the NC governor today. What is already used most often by some stores now is that half the fire capacity of a business is the number of shoppers that can be inside the store. If two people exit, two.can enter. Most stores have a monitor at the entrance to direct shoppers.

At the local state farmers market yesterday , a vendor we know was telling customers they could drive to the farm, 20 miles away, for a larger selection of flowers. Local tv stations have been doing stories about local businesses and how they are trying to survive. Yesterday the reporter told viewers near the end of her report to come out and support the business she was highlighting. Multiple times throughout hour the news report viewers are told to STAY at home. WHAT? WHY? I am confused.

The NC governor has been asked to identify the experts whom he has been consulting with to produce the rules for business operations, restrictions, and ultimately how we begin to relax these rules when the virus wanes. The questions have been reasonable and not "gotcha" questions. When those questions are asked, the NC governor stands in silence.

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
Something that I thought is a fitting reminder for the order of the day..

"Individual commitment to a group effort."
"That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
--- Vince Lombardy ---

If governments of our world think what they are doing is best for the people of their nations, and communities.
Following recommendations from the leading health organizations, until a vaccine to prevent, or medicine to cure this virus can be developed.
Then we all as individuals should commit to support that effort.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
We made a quick run into the local Wal-Mart yesterday before stricter rules were to begin later in the day. Workers cleaned shopping carts and monitored the number of customers entering the store. There were more workers in the store than customers. It appeared to me that many of the workers were newly hired, which is a good thing. Most of them were very young, and I wondered if they were out of high school and college students, which is also a good thing. Going one step further I believe a workplace could be used as a place people can meet and socialize. I wonder if they are required to distance themselves from other workers when performing their jobs, or take breaks, etc.? Often 2 or 3 of them could be seen fairly close together.
Beginning late yesterday stores are required to have one way isles. If that requires folks to remain in the store longer and prolongs exposure it seems counterproductive as opposed to seeking what one needs and leaving quickly.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
The NC governor has extended our stay at home rules for 2 weeks, and in reality if one pays attention to his re-opening process, for most of the summer. Based upon his statewide edict yesterday, the re-opening process will only begin after a long, long list of vague data driven requirements. I believe the re-opening will not begin until July at the earliest. Coincidentally July 1 is when the state budget for the next year begins. The budget for the current year was never approved last summer, and we are operating under a two year old budget, with some modifications. My belief is this is and will be used as a campaign strategy by him and his party. Small businesses will die, and promises will be made to them to elect us so we can fix it. Also I believe a push to have an election by mail will appear soon. NC citizens still do not know who his advisors and consultants are in this process. Only he and/or the state health administrator appear in his press conferences. The NC governor answers no questions. Why would one hire a person or group to rebuild his house if he knew they had a hand in burning it down?

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
Our Governor is ready to get our state moving forward.
On his daily update show this evening, he announced that doctors and dentists can start office visits on Monday.
As well as elective surgeries can begin. As long as the proper antiviral protocols are followed.
I will have to educate myself on all the protocols.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Our Governor is ready to get our state moving forward.
On his daily update show this evening, he announced that doctors and dentists can start office visits on Monday.
As well as elective surgeries can begin. As long as the proper antiviral protocols are followed.
I will have to educate myself on all the protocols.
I'm glad your governor is ready to get the state moving again. I think it was Friday, ours extended the stay at home order until the end of May. I haven't worked since Mar 8 or 9 (right before i went to AZ), but i guess the good thing is the State is paying me to stay at home and work on tractors!

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
I had a prosthetics appointment yesterday to take care of some issues I have been needing resolved.
I had made an appointment just before the world went crazy, and they called Monday and asked me to come on in.
Traffic was heavier than I have seen since our state of emergency was issued in KY.
Was gonna stop at Lowe's, but the parking lot was almost full, as were grocery stores.
Apparently a lot of folks thought everything was back open normal, not just medical offices reopening.
The latest recommendation (requirement) from our Governor is that everyone in a public place should (must) be wearing a mask.

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
On Wednesday, Gov. Beshear said that as long as Kentucky keeps up the fight against the coronavirus with promising results, the following business sectors are in line to restart:

• May 11 – Manufacturing, construction, vehicle and vessel dealerships, professional services (at 50% of pre-outbreak capacity), horse racing (without spectators), pet grooming and boarding
  • May 20 – Retail, houses of worship
  • May 25 – Social gatherings of no more than 10 people, barbers, salons, cosmetology businesses and similar services
I noticed on his daily televised updates yesterday that the Governor could use a haircut as much as the rest of us. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts