Antique Tractors Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Some NC counties are beginning openings with capacity limitations despite the NC governor's vague objections, based little on data. Just within the last 2 days, NC residents have been told of viral outbreaks in some nursing homes that have been going on for weeks. I read a well written analysis of the NC governor's policy yesterday, and the writer believes the state has a much longer reopening wait than we are being led to believe.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Over the last 2 days NC citizens have learned of more outbreaks in nursing and elder care facilities. That is not good. An outbreak is defined as 2 cases in any facility. We are told more and more testing is needed, yet the NC governor seems to not be working hard to acquire the tests kits, although certain places seem to be tested easily.

One of the measures of the NC governor's 3 T policy is tracing. It has been reported that when one produces a positive test result, the person is placed in quarantine for 2 weeks and has to tell authorities where they had been and whom they had encountered. Then they can possibly be tested and rounded up.

What we have been told is that the virus is very contagious. A test is only productive at the time that the results are known. To produce truly accurate data one should be tested multiple times. But for how long?

Some isolated.things have had limited re-opening. The General Assembly is debating how to spend federal funds it has received. Included is a measure to allow restaurants to sell to go alcoholic beverages with meals.

Yesterday in his statement the NC governor said that the state will not re-open until he believes the people will "feel safe". No goals or data requirements were provided to back up his statement. At the same gathering the NC Health administrator declared that our curve had flattened. My younger farmer friend told me yesterday that all east coast states were actively working to re-open all or areas of the states except for NC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Va, is pretty much shut down now. Schools ets closed for the year etc. Even Dr, have gone to video visits. Sorta crazy since almost all the infections are in the DC area with a few outbreaks elsewhere. Oh well this too will pass. All stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Yesterday we traveled to a local eatery, Miss Joanne's choice for Mother's Day, and picked up a take out order. The traffic was normal for a "business as usual" Saturday. We passed a home just up the road from us. They were having a large gathering, and all sitting around tables elbow to elbow. Two hours later just before dark after supper and covering gardens at home, I went to my daughter's place to push up dirt to cover our taters. The crowd was still there.
NC s phase one of re-opening allows 50% of building capacity but continues to restrict social gatherings to no more than 10 people with distancing. What? What has been proven to me in all this it is up to the individual to act intelligently. A crowd of people will most likely not do so. The Black Friday pandemonium created by store sales comes to mind.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Well, churches started having in-house services today. Tomorrow the businesses begin to reopen.
The evening news and Governor's daily update just before could prove interesting tomorrow.
I've been enjoying the lack of noise from traffic, and seeing clear skies not criss-crossed by jet trails.

May 9, 2020:
May 11, 2020:

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
I made a trip to the local Tractor Supply this afternoon. It is near a hayfield I mow. The parking lot was full and about 15-20 folks were in line at the register as I approached it. With the distancing marks on the floor that no one was paying attention to, I decided I did not need what I went there for.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Local car dealer ads were hitting the air waves hard yesterday evening.
It made me realize they have been absent for a couple of months.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
All the local auto parts factories have been working since last Monday
Tomorrow Ford starts building trucks in Louisville again and shopping malls reopen.

·
Registered
281 Posts
We are opening our doors again tomorrow. I dont see a big crowd rushing in to buy something tho. I think it will take a good while to get the momentum back after the sails have been knocked out for this long.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
My belief a month ago was that the NC governor would drag out the re-opening process , and NC would be the last southeastern state to open. He has had a lawsuit filed against his actions, lost and not contested it, and another one is pending this week. More people are out and moving, and protests are growing. Similar to N.Y. most cases now are in nursing and elder care homes and prisons.

With all the unemployment aid said to be available, a lot of people have gone as long as 8 weeks without help. They cannot get through the system either by phone or computer. There are daily press conferences by the state health director and sometimes accompanied by the governor. All questions and questioners are screened before a question is asked. Press that are more middle of the road or conservative don't get to ask a question. Finally the NC Council of State, made up of elected department heads, the governor and lieutenant governor have not met even once, by the governor's orders. NC citizens do not know whom his advisors are. We seem to be adrift in the wind. I stand by belief that we will not open until July.

·
Registered
281 Posts
"All questions and questioners are screened before a question is asked. Press that are more middle of the road or conservative don't get to ask a question. "

They would be hearing me loud and clear at the polls on election day, if they wouldn't let me ask my question at the meetings. That's whats wrong with America today. Too many folks that's been put in power wants to silence anyone that does not agree with, or questions their agenda. It kinda scares me, because this has happened before, in other countries. You older guys know exactly what I am driving at.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Our new phase 2 stay at home order is begins today at 5pm and has been modified and called "Safer at Home". It will govern us for 6 weeks and relaxes very few restrictions. The NC governor says NC is re-opening, but reality proves the opposite. Restaurants, barber shops, and salons can re-open with strict capacity limitations, but not bars, brewerys, gyms, playgrounds, many parks, and open spaces remain closed. Most anyplace that people can socialize and talk with plenty of room for distancing is closed. Vitamin D and exercise have been said to be good for us. Many facilities say they will not re-open because the rules are so strict that it makes no economic sense for them to do so. The Greensboro City Council held an emergency meeting for the purpose of relaxing zoning to allow restaurants to expand outdoor seating so more patrons could be served. Downtowns remain mostly empty.

Easy drive through voluntary testing is ramping up, and the data gathered will be used by tracers to track the person's behavior.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Our new phase 2 stay at home order is begins today at 5pm and has been modified and called "Safer at Home". It will govern us for 6 weeks and relaxes very few restrictions. The NC governor says NC is re-opening, but reality proves the opposite. Restaurants, barber shops, and salons can re-open with strict capacity limitations, but not bars, brewerys, gyms, playgrounds, some parks, and open spaces remain closed. Most private places that people can socialize and talk with plenty of room for distancing is closed or has very strict capacity maximums. Vitamin D and exercise have been said to be good for us. Many facilities say they will not re-open because the rules are so strict that it makes no economic sense for them to do so. The Greensboro City Council held an emergency meeting for the purpose of relaxing zoning to allow restaurants to expand outdoor seating so more patrons could be served. Downtowns remain mostly empty.

Easy drive through voluntary testing sites are ramping up, and the data gathered will be used by tracers to track the person's behavior, places travelled, and people that one has contact with.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts