Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my C as your turning the steering wheel its like it gets a hick up for a second then right back to smooth steering. That hick up is like it locks up for a split second. Any ideas on where to look for answers?? Don't know if there are both styles but this is narrow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Is there a excentric? to tighten and loosen the play :?: I know on my allis theres one but not sure on the red ones.
Is the steering wheel tight to the front end or have alot of slop in it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bertman said:
Is there a excentric? to tighten and loosen the play :?: I know on my allis theres one but not sure on the red ones.
Is the steering wheel tight to the front end or have alot of slop in it?
Not sure if it has an excentric. Steering wheel is pretty tight. Minimal play.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stephenscity said:
Maybe too simple but the first ujoint on the steering ,have ya greesed it lately?They get dry quick and a little dirt will cause it to hang.Hope ya don't have to get into that steering box.
Greased it when we bought it last year. Probably don't have more than 6-8 hours on it, but I can add a lil and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Either a wore ujoint,or wrong joint installed, or a nick on one of the gears in the steering box. I know on a 200 I had, I went to the dealer to get new ujoints, and the ones he gave me were too think on the + section and it would bind on the joint at the shaft where it comes down. Come to find out, he gave me the wrong ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John M said:
Either a wore ujoint,or wrong joint installed, or a nick on one of the gears in the steering box. I know on a 200 I had, I went to the dealer to get new ujoints, and the ones he gave me were too think on the + section and it would bind on the joint at the shaft where it comes down. Come to find out, he gave me the wrong ones.
Thanks John. I might just have to walk along while someone else drives to see if I can tell by watching it? I don't know any history of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts