Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across a couple of pictures the other day of me and dad working tractors together. The things we use them for have changed gears a little through the years but we have spent many good days working them together and time I would take nothing for. Maybe thats why when we get older they mean so much to us. Whether it was time spent just fixing one up or working them on the farm there always in the times you remember and stories you talk about as time goes by.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Love those pics Gordan .The first one put a small on my face. Gordan didn't take long at the ATS to tell that you and your Dad have arally good caring relationship.
Loved your dad ,he made a point before he left to come and tell me he was glad to meet me and tell me goodbye. Enjoyed meeting you both.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Gordon nice picture and I will never forget first time I met Don. He was so proud of that VAC and was going drive in the parade I gave him a new CASE hat to wear .you guys are a super nice family and I have enjoyed being your friend. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bettyp said:
Love those pics Gordan .The first one put a small on my face. Gordan didn't take long at the ATS to tell that you and your Dad have arally good caring relationship.
Loved your dad ,he made a point before he left to come and tell me he was glad to meet me and tell me goodbye. Enjoyed meeting you both.
Thanks Betty. I was blessed with two of the best parents anyone could ever have and I'm sure we all feel that way. I think thats whats great about this site is we all share the same feelings about our families and whether its with our children or our parents or both a old tractor or other equipment seems to be a big part of it. I guess thats why our barns and sheds get hard to walk through is because there are just to many good times and memories go along with them.
Stephenscity said:
Thanks for sharing the pics and story. Made me tear up a little though. The first one reminded me so much of some memories of my Dad! Different tractor but same senerio. Thanks

Thanks Mike. I bet I put a million miles on that old cub whether it was running or not. Dad was told it was a 52 when he got it and if I can find one hope to try and fix one up in the next year.

caseman said:
Gordon nice picture and I will never forget first time I met Don. He was so proud of that VAC and was going drive in the parade I gave him a new CASE hat to wear .you guys are a super nice family and I have enjoyed being your friend. ;)
The feeling is mutual Caseman and dad still has the hat and he keeps it in his truck but will wear it when he knows he won't get it dirty.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Gordon, if anybody ever doubted it, this post proves that farming families that work and play together produce a lifetime of wonderful memories. The folks that complained about how hard farmin' is, and how glad they are/were to leave the farm have no idea of what they are missing or have missed :!: :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim in NC said:
Gordon, if anybody ever doubted it, this post proves that farming families that work and play together produce a lifetime of wonderful memories. The folks that complained about how hard farmin' is, and how glad they are/were to leave the farm have no idea of what they are missing or have missed :!: :D
Thanks for the kind words Jim and I agree.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Gordon, I must say some good old country cooking must have turned that little fellow in the first picture into that big ol' boy on that John Deere in the last... :lol: :lol: :lol: Good pictures and great memories of a simpler time in our lives, ain't it...Of course, it doesn't seem as though May of '70 was really that long ago...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jim in NC said:
We grew up on a farm, had the most amazing childhood, and yes...I miss being out there on a farm more than I can say...

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Wow, you was a youngen on that Cub were you! Im guessing 6 or 7?? Wish my Dad was still around for us to do things like that!!

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
missouri massey man said:
Gordon, I must say some good old country cooking must have turned that little fellow in the first picture into that big ol' boy on that John Deere in the last... :lol: :lol: :lol: Good pictures and great memories of a simpler time in our lives, ain't it...Of course, it doesn't seem as though May of '70 was really that long ago...
You are right my friend. Quite a few Sunday dinners between the two pics but you know looking at the pics I think dad needed to put on a few pounds. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Mrs Harris said:
[quote="Jim in NC":1xrcp3r5]Gordon, if anybody ever doubted it, this post proves that farming families that work and play together produce a lifetime of wonderful memories. The folks that complained about how hard farmin' is, and how glad they are/were to leave the farm have no idea of what they are missing or have missed :!: :D
We grew up on a farm, had the most amazing childhood, and yes...I miss being out there on a farm more than I can say...[/quote:1xrcp3r5]

Yes Mrs. Harris I agree once it is in your blood it never gets out.

John M said:
Wow, you was a youngen on that Cub were you! Im guessing 6 or 7?? Wish my Dad was still around for us to do things like that!!
You are correct John I was born November 21, 1963 so I guess I was around six and a half.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts