Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife works for a horse rescue and rehab farm in central Ohio, and they had a 1954 MH 44 donated last year. It's a great little tractor and does exactly what they need (spreading manure mostly), but it and the manure spreader both seem to go down fairly regularly, mostly with electrical issues on the tractor and chain breaks on the spreader. I'm considering stocking up on a few parts that we know will be the most common culprits, but don't know the system well enough to know which to stock up on...besides the obvious consumables like belts and such. Anyone have any specific parts that you would suggest stockpiling?

Also, If anyone has a spare tractor and/or manure spreader and would like to donate to a good 501(c)3, I know a place.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
try to find points and condensers that arnt made by tisco or calco, then get a few sets. I keep 10 sets of wico points for the deere's and standard brand for the ih's and oliver's. some oil filers are getting hard to find also, but I think a 44 is common enuff they'll be available to a few more years

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a bunch of Massey 44's from 1951 to 1953. Never had a electrical issue other than points plugs and condensers going bad. same with generator charging system parts that go bad.

The oil filters are pretty much the same from the pacer to the 555's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a bunch of Massey 44's from 1951 to 1953. Never had a electrical issue other than points plugs and condensers going bad. same with generator charging system parts that go bad.

The oil filters are pretty much the same from the pacer to the 555's.
Sorry, I haven't given any updates in a while. Just been busy.

Thanks trail twister and wizzard. That's pretty much exactly what we're doing now...unfortunately, the radiator has also sprung a leak, but can't really do much with it since the whole thing's down until the electrical parts get replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts