Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew been really hectic here since Friday night. The storms that came through made the area look like a war zone!!! I have lived in this area my entire life and have NEVER seen anything like it!! 90+mph winds straight line. Trees down everywhere and about 3,000,000 power outages. Some will still not be back on till next week. Blew the theory of the valley being protected :lol: :lol: Roads are still blocked We were real lucky had very nominal damage but been real busy helping others.
To top it off the grandson with the chickens had to be taken to the hospital in the middle of it all for an appendectomy!!!! He is fine now. Hope others faired ok. Been checkuing on when could saw where someothers got hit too!! Hope all are getting back to normal!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
Wow, didn't hear nothing on the news about you guys. Glad your ok and the grandson is doing fine.
We had straight line winds a few years back that did some major damage to some farms. Nasty stuff. Will be praying for those around you Mike.

·
Registered
308 Posts
We havent heard anything about them either, glad evryone seems ok, best wishes to the grandson, those appendix are better out than in if they are sore.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
petra79 said:
Wow, didn't hear nothing on the news about you guys. Glad your ok and the grandson is doing fine.
We had straight line winds a few years back that did some major damage to some farms. Nasty stuff. Will be praying for those around you Mike.
Thanks Ron! Was why I hadn't been on There were 22 deaths from mainly trees falling on homes and vehicles But all seems to be getting back to normal with just a few inconvieniences. It has been a weird summer for the grandkids thats for sure!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Thanks Ron! Was why I hadn't been on There were 22 deaths from mainly trees falling on homes and vehicles But all seems to be getting back to normal with just a few inconvieniences. It has been a weird summer for the grandkids thats for sure!!
Mike 22 deaths & not much news about it either???? Glad grandson is ok. Had a tree to fall on transformer and a fire started and live wire fell in swiming pool at neigbors house where we were having our reuniom. Our kids had to stay away from it and couldn't swim until electrical people could get to it 3 hrs. later because of more damage in another area. Electric was off a little over 3 hrs. No deaths in our area that we have heard about. Like Ron said will pray for those who lost love ones .

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Holy Moly, Mike !!! I only heard about the bad storms down south from Jim (in NC) with a comment he'd made on a post. Had no idea of the deaths... Glad you and yours are all fine and not hurt by the storm.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Mike, Mrs. Jim and I knew that yall were hammered hard. We had the wind here, and there was some scattered damage, mostly from trees and limbs. You may remember that I have an uncle in Falls Church. I talked with him Sunday evening, and he told me about their experiences with this storm. The area in which he lives has some underground wiring. There is also a nursing home nearby which makes restoring the power in that area sort of a priority.

We are able to watch Roanoke and Lynchburg tv stations, and there has been much coverage about this terrible disaster.

Betty and others, I am sorry to have to say this, but I believe that the reason that there hasn't been much about this in the news is because of the area that has been paralyzed. Much of it is "fly over country."

What national coverage I have seen is focused on Washington DC up to New Jersey and the heavily populated regions there. One report I caught a few days ago stated that as much as 85% of WVa. residents were without power.

I was at the local Tractor Supply Sunday afternoon. The lady there told me that they had been busy because of this storm. I asked if they were shipping generators north. Her reply was "no". People were coming down from WVa. to get gemerators.

It has been described as a "land hurricane". It has bees stated that more damage was done during this storm than Hurricane Isabell years ago.

There was no warning about this. The magnitude wasn't known until it happened. I knew something was coming though. I had checked radararound 10 pm and saw a big area of storms in VA. heading in our general direction. There had been no prediction of such weather on that night's forecasts. The satellite pics showed the clouds and wind field ahead of the storms.

We had 40 to 60 mph winds here, but at our home the wind seemed to be up in the treetops and did not bear down to the ground. If this storm had hit New Orleans, it would be all over the news.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Thanks Jim for filling us in on this . I will pray for those without power ,hope they aren't as hot there as we are here. Been some really hot days here and going to be like that all week here.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
bettyp said:
Thanks Jim for filling us in on this . I will pray for those without power ,hope they aren't as hot there as we are here. Been some really hot days here and going to be like that all week here.
I know there are many people suffering Betty, and I am praying for their safety and well being as well. I am bothered that some disasters get more attention than others. It just depends upon where they happen.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim in NC said:
bettyp said:
I know there are many people suffering Betty, and I am praying for their safety and well being as well. I am bothered that some disasters get more attention than others. It just depends upon where they happen.
I agree Jim that is one of the many things I love about this forum. It helps us keep up with what is going on in other rural communities. On the flip side though atleast we don't normally have to worry about a bunch of idiot reporters stepping all over everything and getting in the way of the people getting the work done.Maybe ;) that is why we are about 80% Plus back to normal :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Jim in NC said:
bettyp said:
I agree Jim that is one of the many things I love about this forum. It helps us keep up with what is going on in other rural communities. On the flip side though atleast we don't normally have to worry about a bunch of idiot reporters stepping all over everything and getting in the way of the people getting the work done.Maybe ;) that is why we are about 80% Plus back to normal :D :D :D

Don't forget politicians along with the reporters wanting their pic taken leading the recovery effort :!: :roll: :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts