Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this at a farm show a few summers ago. Well I didn't get to meet the owner. I wonder if yall any Moline experts can shed some light on this beast. The sign on the front says 1935 for year and 6TI ? for the model.

·
Registered
926 Posts
No its not an MTA nor KTA . These tractors were developed into the U series which were smaller than this tractor appears to be. The MTA was a row crop with a tricycle front end the KTA was a wide front both with drop boxes for rowcropping. The six cylinder engine is what has me baffled. While i was raised on Molines theres a lot i don't know.

·
Registered
341 Posts
mgood said:
No its not an MTA nor KTA . These tractors were developed into the U series which were smaller than this tractor appears to be. The MTA was a row crop with a tricycle front end the KTA was a wide front both with drop boxes for rowcropping. The six cylinder engine is what has me baffled. While i was raised on Molines theres a lot i don't know.
What was the big Wheatland tractor they made back then? They had the FTA, KTA, AND MTA. One had drop housings. My buddy has one that bears some resemblance to a GTA but it's not. Somewhere I was at a show and saw one of them repowered with an irrigation power unit. Have to dig through the pictures.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I haven't been ignoring You on purpose; simply have had my hands full and had to take care of a lot of things that couldn't wait. The sources i have on info there show the FTA or 21-32 model evolved into the Model GT of the Red Grille era of 1938 - 1941. I have had to do a little research there as the only pre Prarie Gold tractors i saw running in this area was the MTA. There were several GTB GTC and a lot of GB's but none of the big Pre G series big wheatlands of the TC M&M flavor. I apologize for the late responce. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm thinking GTI instead of 6TI. Looks like a "one of" possibly made up, the serial tag looks new which would mean it's not origional. I know where there is a similar tractor with an 800, FWA, PTO, belt pulley, the whole 9 yards which is made of lots of parts from lots of tractors, it also looks like a factory origional with all the details.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill John said:
I'm thinking GTI instead of 6TI. Looks like a "one of" possibly made up, the serial tag looks new which would mean it's not origional. I know where there is a similar tractor with an 800, FWA, PTO, belt pulley, the whole 9 yards which is made of lots of parts from lots of tractors, it also looks like a factory origional with all the details.
There is some companies that redo the serial tags. I even saw some advertised in the Green Magazine. They take your old one and make it look like new. So it would look good with your fresh restored tractor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im by no means an MM expert. my guess is a FTA rearend with a 605 power unit. very nicely done. i think some of MMs downfall was they made to many parts interchangeable. farmers could buy parts and build there own bigger tractors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts