Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yesterday morning I went up to my little 'ol neighbor lady to bush hog around the outside of her yard and she mentioned that her A/C wasn't working.
Took the bush hog home and traded it for the company truck and went back to check it out. I'd installed it when her grandson was in the eighth grade and now he is 33, and in all that time there had not been a problem.

Pulling some vines around the a/c I really had to yank on one and this is what it was entwined around !! Go figger !! It had to have been laying there just under the surface for many years. She said I could have it to hang on the wall in the shed....

I guess I should have been doing annual maintenance on the unit, may have found it sooner...but then it wouldn't be so funny. :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,855 Posts
That is a great find. Another example of a strange thing in a strange place is me in a suit :!: :roll: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Another example of a strange thing in a strange place is me in a suit :!: :roll: :shock: :lol:
I wore a suit for years. Haven't worn a suit or a necktie since I retired nearly 15 years ago.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I wore a suit once....to MY wedding. Won't wear it again, I was a skinny kid then.

I was clearing an old homestead that I had just bought with a 977 Caterpillar loader and unearthed an old cast iron kettle. It was turned upside down in an old rotted shed, under it was an old tobacco can with 17 $20.00 gold pieces. Nice find. I bought a 1948 Chevy truck at an estate farm sale for $325.00 dollars. Years later when I was removing the cab to use in a street rod project I found an envelope with $600.00 dollars in it. Quite brittle but the bank paid out. It was caught up under the dash board, behind the glove box. The glove box had a hole in it, been eaten by mice but they hadn't chewed much of the money to make nests. The former owner hauled and sold wood, it was wood payments from 1961. Right before I sold a John Deere 4240 tractor I was cleaning it up and found an old wallet that I had lost years before, way down under the seat. I had looked many times as the wallet had $350.00 cash in it, plus the title to my 3 wheeler....James

·
Super Moderator
7,855 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Great find on the old saw. Glad to see I'm not alone on keeping usless stuff to take up space that I don't have :eek: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike, you need to come look at my sheds, ifn you can get in them :!: :D

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim in NC said:
Stephenscity said:
Great find on the old saw. Glad to see I'm not alone on keeping usless stuff to take up space that I don't have :eek: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike, you need to come look at my sheds, ifn you can get in them :!: :D
Jim, guys like me and you have a PHD degree....Piled Higher and Deeper ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts